This IS Megabass

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
User avatar
Jigandpig518
Angler
Angler
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:23 pm
Location: Wolcottville, IN.

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby Jigandpig518 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:27 pm

Is the information available anywhere as to how many of each color were produced? Was just curious.

User avatar
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4550
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Central Washington
Contact:

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby Teal101 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:36 am

Jigandpig518 wrote:Is the information available anywhere as to how many of each color were produced? Was just curious.

Crackles: 100ea color (4 colors)
25ths: 25ea style (4 style)
Dragons: 100ea (2 styles)
Red Clutch: 100
Viola: 50
IS73 Galaxy Red: 30
IS71 Galaxy Red: 70

The only ones I dont know are the two illusions. I would assume 50ea. Can anyone confirm?

User avatar
maxpowers
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:48 pm
Location: Oh, Canada

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby maxpowers » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:41 am

Teal101 wrote:
Jigandpig518 wrote:Is the information available anywhere as to how many of each color were produced? Was just curious.

Crackles: 100ea color (4 colors)
25ths: 25ea style (4 style)
Dragons: 100ea (2 styles)
Red Clutch: 100
Viola: 50
IS73 Galaxy Red: 30
IS71 Galaxy Red: 70

The only ones I dont know are the two illusions. I would assume 50ea. Can anyone confirm?


That's actually incorrect, the IS79UC and IS71 had 50 of each made in the 25th, the IS73C and IS63 had 25 of each made.

User avatar
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4550
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Central Washington
Contact:

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby Teal101 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:45 am

maxpowers wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
Jigandpig518 wrote:Is the information available anywhere as to how many of each color were produced? Was just curious.

Crackles: 100ea color (4 colors)
25ths: 25ea style (4 style)
Dragons: 100ea (2 styles)
Red Clutch: 100
Viola: 50
IS73 Galaxy Red: 30
IS71 Galaxy Red: 70

The only ones I dont know are the two illusions. I would assume 50ea. Can anyone confirm?


That's actually incorrect, the IS79UC and IS71 had 50 of each made in the 25th, the IS73C and IS63 had 25 of each made.

Good call bud. :oops:

Rich Frye
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:54 am
Location: Channel Lake , Antioch IL

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby Rich Frye » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:01 am

So, this one may go over $300 shipped? ;)

http://imgur.com/NuDvqv5

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3548
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby bronzefly » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:26 am

maxpowers wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
Jigandpig518 wrote:Is the information available anywhere as to how many of each color were produced? Was just curious.

Crackles: 100ea color (4 colors)
25ths: 25ea style (4 style)
Dragons: 100ea (2 styles)
Red Clutch: 100
Viola: 50
IS73 Galaxy Red: 30
IS71 Galaxy Red: 70

The only ones I dont know are the two illusions. I would assume 50ea. Can anyone confirm?


That's actually incorrect, the IS79UC and IS71 had 50 of each made in the 25th, the IS73C and IS63 had 25 of each made.


Almost, but not quite :D
IS79UC "Ito" 25th Anniversary, there were 50 made. There are only 25 each IS71HL, IS73C, and IS63L in the "Ito" 25th Anniversary.
Dragons - there were only 20 each RH and LH. There have been some "faked" on eBay. Two shops in Japan got an allotment of 10 each RH and LH.
Illusions - there were at least two production runs, though very limited relatively speaking, no solid numbers there to my knowledge.
The Viola and Galaxy numbers are accurate. Crackles, it could be that many, seemed fewer at the time, but I don't recall precisely on those.

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3548
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby bronzefly » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:32 am

Rich Frye wrote:So, this one may go over $300 shipped? ;)

http://imgur.com/NuDvqv5


The Galaxy Red have by far the WORST paint of all the Limited IS reels... it's extremely fragile and when it chips, it chips badly... you can see some good chips on that one... who knows what it will sell for however!

User avatar
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4550
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Central Washington
Contact:

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby Teal101 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:50 am

bronzefly wrote:
Rich Frye wrote:So, this one may go over $300 shipped? ;)

http://imgur.com/NuDvqv5


The Galaxy Red have by far the WORST paint of all the Limited IS reels... it's extremely fragile and when it chips, it chips badly... you can see some good chips on that one... who knows what it will sell for however!

Back bottom left gear side :shock: Pretty well hidden in the pics.

User avatar
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4550
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Central Washington
Contact:

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby Teal101 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:09 am

bronzefly wrote:
maxpowers wrote:
Teal101 wrote:
Jigandpig518 wrote:Is the information available anywhere as to how many of each color were produced? Was just curious.

Crackles: 100ea color (4 colors)
25ths: 25ea style (4 style)
Dragons: 100ea (2 styles)
Red Clutch: 100
Viola: 50
IS73 Galaxy Red: 30
IS71 Galaxy Red: 70

The only ones I dont know are the two illusions. I would assume 50ea. Can anyone confirm?


That's actually incorrect, the IS79UC and IS71 had 50 of each made in the 25th, the IS73C and IS63 had 25 of each made.


Almost, but not quite :D
IS79UC "Ito" 25th Anniversary, there were 50 made. There are only 25 each IS71HL, IS73C, and IS63L in the "Ito" 25th Anniversary.
Dragons - there were only 20 each RH and LH. There have been some "faked" on eBay. Two shops in Japan got an allotment of 10 each RH and LH.
Illusions - there were at least two production runs, though very limited relatively speaking, no solid numbers there to my knowledge.
The Viola and Galaxy numbers are accurate. Crackles, it could be that many, seemed fewer at the time, but I don't recall precisely on those.

Thanks Gary. Makes those dragons even more special. I found the crackle numbers in an old Megabass website blog. It may only be true for the copper and purple illusion though.

Rich Frye
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 176
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:54 am
Location: Channel Lake , Antioch IL

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby Rich Frye » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:38 am

bronzefly wrote:
Rich Frye wrote:So, this one may go over $300 shipped? ;)

http://imgur.com/NuDvqv5


The Galaxy Red have by far the WORST paint of all the Limited IS reels... it's extremely fragile and when it chips, it chips badly... you can see some good chips on that one... who knows what it will sell for however!

I'd rather have the green one up there now myself.
Someone will spend some coin on that red one though.

silversix
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 350
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby silversix » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:04 pm

Since everyone in here knows their MB, how's the Viola/Rosso paint holding? Does it chip easily?

User avatar
maxpowers
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:48 pm
Location: Oh, Canada

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby maxpowers » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:11 am

silversix wrote:Since everyone in here knows their MB, how's the Viola/Rosso paint holding? Does it chip easily?


The IS Galaxy Red chips easily, the Zonda Rosso holds it fine, and I find the FX series chips easily no mater what. My 0.02

User avatar
cndbasshunter
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3764
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:32 pm
Location: CANADA

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby cndbasshunter » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:14 am

maxpowers wrote:
silversix wrote:Since everyone in here knows their MB, how's the Viola/Rosso paint holding? Does it chip easily?


The IS Galaxy Red chips easily, the Zonda Rosso holds it fine, and I find the FX series chips easily no mater what. My 0.02

depends on how u use your gear...the few rosso we got are all pretty bad. Daiwa paint is always easy to chip and fade.

User avatar
maxpowers
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 525
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:48 pm
Location: Oh, Canada

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby maxpowers » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:16 am

cndbasshunter wrote:
maxpowers wrote:
silversix wrote:Since everyone in here knows their MB, how's the Viola/Rosso paint holding? Does it chip easily?


The IS Galaxy Red chips easily, the Zonda Rosso holds it fine, and I find the FX series chips easily no mater what. My 0.02

depends on how u use your gear...the few rosso we got are all pretty bad. Daiwa paint is always easy to chip and fade.


A very good point. I really try to take care of my gear. I have never fished a Galaxy Red, just have seen a lot of them in bad shape and heard they chip easily.

The Zonda rosso I haven't heard of serious issues with.

I fish a FX73SV and have had the stock paint chip easily, even though I take care of my gear pretty religiously. The reel foot is especially bad, even with a foot protector on. The rosso should be the same there.

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3548
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: This IS Megabass

Postby bronzefly » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:28 am

I have a Zonda Rosso that I've fished a lot and its had no paint issues whatsoever anywhere on the reel. The IS Galaxy Red is one of the worst paint jobs I've ever seen in terms of durability (chipping specifically), but it's sure pretty to look at (from a reasonable distance) :lol:

I haven't experienced "bad paint" on other Megabass IS reels, or Daiwa reels in general, but I do take good care of my gear, even the stuff I use heavily.


Return to “Show and Tell”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests