ABU Morrum SX3601C MAG antireverse bearing

Here's your chance to speak directly with the TT Gear Crew. Post your questions, comments, experiences regarding tackle maintenance and super tuning

ABU Morrum SX3601C MAG antireverse bearing

Postby savacs » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:31 am

A friend of mine just bought one of these reels. The antireverse is busted. Well it works as a bearing, but rarely as an antireverse bearing.

Can this bearing be removed from the sideplate? Or is it incastrated/glued/stuck to the sideplate. I couldn't bulge it 0.0001mm no matter how hard i've tried. If i want to replace it?! Do i have to get an entirely new side plate with the bearing... Seems kinda' stupid to incastrate a bearing that the entire function of the reel depends on...

Thanx in advance.
savacs
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: ABU Morrum SX3601C MAG antireverse bearing

Postby SpyderMan24-7 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:32 pm

All AR bearings I've dealt with are tightly pressed into the sideplate, but not so much they didn't come out when needed. Why not try taking it apart as sometimes they can slip due to improper lubricants being used in them? You should be able to do so without even removing it from the sideplate. This will allow you to inspect the rollers as well as the "fingers" in the plastic cage. Most times all is needed is a good cleaning and proper lubricant. Nothing too thin and slick as this will guarantee slipping.
SpyderMan24-7
Angler
Angler

Postby bdoc » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:06 pm

what is the proper lubricate for the iar bearing
bdoc
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Postby RWSCHMITZ » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:03 am

go to viewtopic.php?f=30&t=31669
I use a 50/50 mix of Hot Sauce oil and grease the the A/R Bearing, if U fish in cold weather just use 2-3 drops of oil.
RWSCHMITZ
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Return to Maintenance & SuperTuning Q&A