Curado 101D stripped main gear

Have a question regarding an existing Shimano product? Talk directly to an official representative from Shimano!

Re: Curado 101D stripped main gear

Postby Bantam1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:14 am

Yes I do work for Shimano. You can give us a call and explain what happened. We will send you the correct gears at no charge since there was a mistake made.

You wanted to change to brass gearing and the part numbers I initially gave you were the correct numbers. Unfortunately the pinion gear you needed was discontinued, but the new number was listed as a replacement. Our planning department enters the cross reference numbers for any parts that change or are discontinued. We may receive these changes from Japan. Unfortunately I cannot remember 30,000+ part numbers to know what changes have been made. I'm not perfect and I have to use our cross reference to find part numbers at times. There can be mistakes as we have seen. In this case I am going to add a message stating this pinion gear will only work in the 101D.
Bantam1
Manufacturer Support

Postby KaHuNaZ » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:58 am

Bantam1 wrote:Yes I do work for Shimano. You can give us a call and explain what happened. We will send you the correct gears at no charge since there was a mistake made.

You wanted to change to brass gearing and the part numbers I initially gave you were the correct numbers. Unfortunately the pinion gear you needed was discontinued, but the new number was listed as a replacement. Our planning department enters the cross reference numbers for any parts that change or are discontinued. We may receive these changes from Japan. Unfortunately I cannot remember 30,000+ part numbers to know what changes have been made. I'm not perfect and I have to use our cross reference to find part numbers at times. There can be mistakes as we have seen. In this case I am going to add a message stating this pinion gear will only work in the 101D.

I understand. I am happy to hear that shimano may take care of me. Forgive me for sounding bitter. We are all only human after all. You might want to note that the brass main gear no longer works in the 101d anymore as well. Thnx again.
KaHuNaZ
Angler
Angler

Postby Bantam1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:11 pm

That is why I sent a request to add notes so this does not happen again.
Bantam1
Manufacturer Support

Postby KaHuNaZ » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:05 pm

well. I contacted shimano and explained the situation and they decided to charge for the correct part and give me free shipping. I really hope this part works as I just want to be done with this.
KaHuNaZ
Angler
Angler

Postby Bantam1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Who did you speak to?
Bantam1
Manufacturer Support

Postby KaHuNaZ » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:16 pm

I don't remember. I spoke to a female.
KaHuNaZ
Angler
Angler

Postby Bantam1 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Send me a PM with your info. Name and address.
Bantam1
Manufacturer Support

Postby Zimbass » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:18 pm

KaHuNaZ wrote:
Bantam1 wrote:It appears they changed the pinion gear part number and it will only work with a new aluminum main gear. You will need BNT3375 in place of the BNT1514.

I don't mean to offend, but do you actually work for shimano? I don't want to receive the new part and get screwed for an additional $15 and another weeks time. Thnx!

You may not have intended to offend, but if I were Bantam, I would have been offended by your insinuation.
Zimbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Crackerjack » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:15 am

Zimbass wrote:
KaHuNaZ wrote:
Bantam1 wrote:It appears they changed the pinion gear part number and it will only work with a new aluminum main gear. You will need BNT3375 in place of the BNT1514.

I don't mean to offend, but do you actually work for shimano? I don't want to receive the new part and get screwed for an additional $15 and another weeks time. Thnx!

You may not have intended to offend, but if I were Bantam, I would have been offended by your insinuation.

X2 [-X WOW
I guess reading is an issue since the sticky top of forum has Bantam 1. Instead of trying to circumvent Shimano Parts going elsewhere should have sent Bantam 1 a PM. Fifteen posts and his handle said it all.
Crackerjack
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby KaHuNaZ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:41 pm

Received and installed BNT3375. It is working great now. Thanks
KaHuNaZ
Angler
Angler

Previous

Return to Shimano Product Support