Halo rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.

halo rods?

Postby Jason Penn » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:07 pm

anybody know anything about these? i see tackle warehouse added a link on their site, but haven't actually got them on there yet.

http://www.halofishing.com/index.html

another contender in the reasonable range @ $140-$150
Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: halo rods?

Postby hsangler » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:25 pm

They're spinning reel looks pretty good too, especially for the price tag
hsangler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby Jason Penn » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:40 pm

i'm not quite sure how i ended up putting this thread in the reels section :oops:
Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Bassboss » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:53 pm

Wow! Them look pretty darn nice! Cool reels too! ;)
Bassboss
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Halo rods

Postby bkbz520 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:26 am

Anyone have any info on these like components. They look jdm'ish and the price point is reasonsonable.
bkbz520
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Halo rods

Postby KlingerNOK » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:42 am

They are also making reels. I am curious about them also. Not much info on their website or Facebook page. :-k
KlingerNOK
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Finnz922 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Don't think I can fish a rod that has the Twilight movie logo on it. Wife pointed it out. Laughed at me and that was my answer. Before that I really liked the look.
Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby hsangler » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:28 pm

Finnz922 wrote:Don't think I can fish a rod that has the Twilight movie logo on it. Wife pointed it out. Laughed at me and that was my answer. Before that I really liked the look.

Those damn movies have even effected fishing :crying:
hsangler
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby jtrotter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:03 pm

from what I saw this past weekend at an ABA BWS event on Big O, Halo rods may want to do some serious QC prior to shipping. Several guys bragging about the Halo rods proir to and upon return for weigh-in same guys had broken rods... not just simply tips but the rods exploded in several pieces. just reporting what I saw and heard from owners.

jt
jtrotter
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby ogrich31 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:37 pm

jtrotter wrote:from what I saw this past weekend at an ABA BWS event on Big O, Halo rods may want to do some serious QC prior to shipping. Several guys bragging about the Halo rods proir to and upon return for weigh-in same guys had broken rods... not just simply tips but the rods exploded in several pieces. just reporting what I saw and heard from owners.

jt

From what I heard, when a high quality blank breaks, it will break in 2+ pieces. But if multiple rods are breaking, than who knows... :?:

But from their site, the warranty on these rods are one of the best if they hold up to it.

From their site:

WARRANTY
Halo Fishing will warranty your rod 1 year from the date of purchase,
no questions asked. You must provide proof of purchase.
After 1 year there will be anunconditional $30 replacement period for 15 years.
ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby ogrich31 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Also don't see any specs (taper, line size, and lure weight) on their site.
ogrich31
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Jason Penn » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:53 am

jtrotter wrote:from what I saw this past weekend at an ABA BWS event on Big O, Halo rods may want to do some serious QC prior to shipping. Several guys bragging about the Halo rods proir to and upon return for weigh-in same guys had broken rods... not just simply tips but the rods exploded in several pieces. just reporting what I saw and heard from owners.

jt

that seems to be the case with a lot of new rod companies. they get an overseas mfg to build them, then within 12-16 months they have to switch. it happened to dobyn's, i think kistler had problems with their import rods a few years ago, and irod has switched mfgs in the past few months. even the large companies like abu and bps are not immune. if they have a good enough warranty it's not too much of a problem other than the inconvenience of being out a rod for a few weeks.

hopefully, if they are having any problems, they will get it solved. i like having affordable rod options! :)
Jason Penn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby alabass » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:23 pm

I have one of these Halo rods and I have to say I love it. It is the best rod I have ever used I have there 76 heavy I paid
$ 150 for it and all I can say is that I now have a very serious problem Im gone have to change all my rods :(
alabass
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Postby fishlakeokeechobee » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:24 am

Buyer beware, went by okeechobee fishing headquarters and since kolby left it seems as if everyone there has an attitude problem. Tried asking some questions like why is Tharp rep. Halo rods, however on the final day of the FLW tour event he isn't even using one (watch the video and you will see). Talked with JT Kenney said he broke one the first day he used one. Price point doesn't matter when the rod breaks who wants to wait for a replacement or take a chance of losing a big one because the rod breaks. The rods feels light at first however tends to be very tip heavy. Borrow one before you buy. Sorry for being the bad news guy I just hate to see someone else waste there money.
fishlakeokeechobee
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

Postby biggs » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:02 am

I find it strange and pretty lame that they stole the logo and name from a video game and a movie!?! :roll: And a horrible horrible series of movies at that.

Unfortunately people won't buy those rods for that reason alone, personally I wouldn't and won't. Honestly if a buddy came fishing with me with a Halo Twilght rod, man he would be made fun of badly. And I thought irod was a bad name.
biggs
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Return to Rods