What is hands down the MOST...

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Paul Shibata
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: What is hands down the MOST...

Postby Paul Shibata » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Without question either the NRX893 or the NRX853, honourable mentions must go to the NRX873 and of course the gold standard for sensitivity, the BCR803 GLX

PancakeFace22
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby PancakeFace22 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:57 am

tywithay wrote:
Nytron wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
the hooligan wrote:cumulus followed by new cumara. With 10lb braid i can feel everything i need to :big grin:

Curious :-k What do you suppose makes the Cumulus feel more sensitive?

x2 on this. I doubt the cumulus is more sensitive than the new Cumara A rods, but I could be wrong.

The Cumulus and Cumara have different tapers and different resins, from my understanding. It's easily possible that the Cumulus is more sensitive. It's a higher premium rod, so imagine the build quality is higher as well.

Agreed. The Cumulus rods definitely feel more sensitive in my hands than my brother's first and second gen Cumaras. It's not a huge step up in sensitivity, but it is definitely noticeable.

Chode
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby Chode » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:26 pm

PancakeFace22 wrote:
tywithay wrote:
Nytron wrote:
Hogsticker2 wrote:
the hooligan wrote:cumulus followed by new cumara. With 10lb braid i can feel everything i need to :big grin:

Curious :-k What do you suppose makes the Cumulus feel more sensitive?

x2 on this. I doubt the cumulus is more sensitive than the new Cumara A rods, but I could be wrong.

The Cumulus and Cumara have different tapers and different resins, from my understanding. It's easily possible that the Cumulus is more sensitive. It's a higher premium rod, so imagine the build quality is higher as well.

Agreed. The Cumulus rods definitely feel more sensitive in my hands than my brother's first and second gen Cumaras. It's not a huge step up in sensitivity, but it is definitely noticeable.

this is really good to know cause i would've assumed they're equal...i guess to me, if it's noticeable, it's a huge step up haha

Chode
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby Chode » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:16 am

i wonder how some of these new rods stack up in the sensitivity dept...for instance, the new powell will have 40-46 ton graphite :-k

Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Native » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:04 am

All my rods with 40-46 ton graphite have very, very nice sensitivity, e.g. my MB Orochi X4s have the same range of graphite and we all know how superb they are. I believe many of the higher end Phenix also are build the same way and they have always been sweet in my book also.

Chode
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby Chode » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:26 am

Native wrote:I believe many of the higher end Phenix also are build the same way and they have always been sweet in my book also.

this is what's getting me...y not make the k2 a production rod??!!?? ](*,)

Love2Grabbass
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Love2Grabbass » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:45 am

Z-Bone LE is a decisive number 1

2nd place is a tie between the Poison Glorious Biwako and the Evo Ti Red Demon... The Red Demon is there because I was blown away by my first impression of it but I have not had a chance to really follow up with it, so my opinion and its place may change.

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby froteur » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:47 am

Chode wrote:
Native wrote:I believe many of the higher end Phenix also are build the same way and they have always been sweet in my book also.

this is what's getting me...y not make the k2 a production rod??!!?? ](*,)

x2

the umbx series is 40 ton and the k2 blanks are 46 ton.

Chode
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby Chode » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:56 am

i'm curious as to what the TT staffers have to say about this topic since they've fished pretty much everything out there

Chode
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby Chode » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:16 pm

Chode wrote:i'm curious as to what the TT staffers have to say about this topic since they've fished pretty much everything out there

hmm... no love?

froteur
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby froteur » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:19 pm

fished my k2 yesterday on the delta. kept trying to set on rocks. finally realized i could feel almost everything. :big grin:

Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Native » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Chode wrote:
Chode wrote:i'm curious as to what the TT staffers have to say about this topic since they've fished pretty much everything out there

hmm... no love?

LOL, think they're a tad busy getting organized after returning from their trip. :laugh1:

Chode
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby Chode » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:54 am

Native wrote:
Chode wrote:

hmm... no love?

LOL, think they're a tad busy getting organized after returning from their trip. :laugh1:

No I definitely don't feel the love :crying: :crying:

BlaineFred
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby BlaineFred » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:33 am

This is a very informative post, and one result is that I bought an NRX 853, and a 852 is on the way. I have a number of the rods that some people have listed such as the Dobyns DX baitcasters, Phenix Recons, and Envy Black. My Christmas wish list includes a K2. Sensitive rods are a priority.

I reviewed the posts, and some people list one brand and model of rods. The problem I see is that they may not have used most of the rods, and they still present their opinions. For example, a post says that a St. Croix Legend Xtreme is the most sensitive, or a Phenix. BUT have they used an NRX of a Z-Bone to compare???

Vince Borges
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Vince Borges » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Man I shouldn't post this,,,, but what the heck. At the FLW cup we had just received 6 new and different designs of the K2 production rod. Some had EVA, some had cork and some had a blend of different corks. We are in the process of narrowing it down to what is going to be the stock K2 production rod released in the next 3-6 months. Another thing we are playing with is guide size, trigger styles, etc.. So not to much longer!! By the way,, ALL felt amazing!!

Return to “Rods”