First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
FunInTheSun
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:31 am

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby FunInTheSun » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:46 pm

What size are the guides on these destroyers? What about the XXX's?
I'm hoping they are regular size and not semi-micro like on the XX line.

Polkfish1
Angler
Angler
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 pm

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby Polkfish1 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:16 pm

A lot of interesting rods to choose from in the new US Destroyer line. The oneten special seems tempting at 6'11''. Definitely the heavier rods came out for US tastes.

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3557
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby bronzefly » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:16 pm

The 2017 US Destroyer USA models feature the all new Fuji TiSiC Arowana guides. They are larger than what are on the XX series, but not quite traditional "full sized" guides.

Another interesting fact about the the Onager, Warhammer, and Valdiva, the blank is wrapped underneath the guides to prevent direct guide contact with the blank.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Dustys60
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:06 am

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby Dustys60 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:51 am

Hey Gary is the Valdivia comparable to a perfect pitch? Other than the extra length?

User avatar
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:03 pm
Location: California

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby zodiak311 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:06 am

bronzefly wrote:The 2017 US Destroyer USA models feature the all new Fuji TiSiC Arowana guides. They are larger than what are on the XX series, but not quite traditional "full sized" guides.

Another interesting fact about the the Onager, Warhammer, and Valdiva, the blank is wrapped underneath the guides to prevent direct guide contact with the blank.

What does that type of wrapping do? Is it for durability?
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 263
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:12 am

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby BassFisher83 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:27 pm

Gary,

Can you let me know how many of the guides on the Warhammer are single foot vs double foot please?

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3557
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby bronzefly » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:55 am

Dustys60 wrote:Hey Gary is the Valdivia comparable to a perfect pitch? Other than the extra length?


I'll be happy to elaborate more on that once I have more time on the water with the production model Valdiva.

zodiak311 wrote:
bronzefly wrote:The 2017 US Destroyer USA models feature the all new Fuji TiSiC Arowana guides. They are larger than what are on the XX series, but not quite traditional "full sized" guides.

Another interesting fact about the the Onager, Warhammer, and Valdiva, the blank is wrapped underneath the guides to prevent direct guide contact with the blank.


What does that type of wrapping do? Is it for durability?


The idea is that with thread wrap between the blank and the titanium guide foot, direct metal on blank contact is eliminated and over time, will help prevent the creation of a weak spot in the blank.

BassFisher83 wrote:Gary,

Can you let me know how many of the guides on the Warhammer are single foot vs double foot please?


Double footed, 9 + Tip.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

User avatar
evilcatfish
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:47 pm
Location: St. Louis, MO

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby evilcatfish » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:35 am

Man I can't stop looking at these rods. I'd been considering upgrading the current rod pairing with my FX68R Rosso and this might be the one

User avatar
Tokugawa
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4397
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:41 am
Location: NE Ohio

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby Tokugawa » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:50 am

So - anyone know what "FMJ" stands for? :big grin:

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3557
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby bronzefly » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Tokugawa wrote:So - anyone know what "FMJ" stands for? :big grin:


:lol: I've had this conversation a few times now. I just guessed "Full Metal Jacket" myself. On FMJ buyer suggested "For My Jig" which is a definite possibility too. I'll ask for the "official" word soon. These are getting closer to arrival \:D/
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

User avatar
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:03 pm
Location: California

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby zodiak311 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:02 am

bronzefly wrote:
Tokugawa wrote:So - anyone know what "FMJ" stands for? :big grin:


:lol: I've had this conversation a few times now. I just guessed "Full Metal Jacket" myself. On FMJ buyer suggested "For My Jig" which is a definite possibility too. I'll ask for the "official" word soon. These are getting closer to arrival \:D/

It had to be "full metal jacket." "For my jig" just sounds goofy when compared to names like "Warhammer" and "Daemos." :lol:
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Megabass, Daiwa

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby M Perry » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:25 am

Here are a few pix of the Valdivia with a new Daiwa Tatula SV on it I took at the Classic. My new jig and Texas rig setup...all I can say is prepare to be impressed by the Destroyers. Their lightness and balance are amazing. Aesthetically they look amazing as well. The Warhammer and Onager feel lighter in hand than most 7' rods. Every model just has that "feel" to it. I had some insight to the design/testing phase of the series but these final prototypes really stunned me. I was expecting to only want a couple of models but I can assure i will have an entire set with doubles in a couple of them. I really enjoyed seeing the other designers and execs with other brands both US and JDM stop by and be impressed by them as well. Very cool to experience it.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Kschultz76
Angler
Angler
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:02 am

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby Kschultz76 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:15 pm

bronzefly wrote:
Tokugawa wrote:So - anyone know what "FMJ" stands for? :big grin:


:lol: I've had this conversation a few times now. I just guessed "Full Metal Jacket" myself. On FMJ buyer suggested "For My Jig" which is a definite possibility too. I'll ask for the "official" word soon. These are getting closer to arrival \:D/


After considering it I had concluded it must be a reference to "Full Metal Jacket" as well. And I'm mighty excited to get mine just as soon as MB gets them out. Thanks again Gary!

PBP
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:17 am
Location: Ontario

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby PBP » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:42 am

Any info on these rods weight?
Thank you.

M Perry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 272
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am
Location: Megabass, Daiwa

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby M Perry » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:30 pm

PBP wrote:Any info on these rods weight?
Thank you.


I will get that info posted after the first run arrives. Thanks


Return to “Rods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 14 guests