First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
leggomye990
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:34 pm
Location: ON, Canada

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby leggomye990 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:03 am

Common already, are these available yet or what? the anticipation is killing me! :crying:

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3557
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby bronzefly » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:25 am

leggomye990 wrote:Common already, are these available yet or what? the anticipation is killing me! :crying:


Megabass told me from the beginning that the target availability date for these is late April of this year. The Tackle Trap will begin accepting pre-orders as soon as we have the green light. Here are a couple more photos that may help out! I'll release full specs for all the models soon unless someone does it first!

Image

Image
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

BassFisher83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:12 am

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby BassFisher83 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:27 am

Finally!!!!!! :D :D :D

Thanks Gary!

User avatar
ccass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1007
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:25 pm
Location: Michigan (U.P)

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby ccass » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:43 am

bronzefly wrote:
leggomye990 wrote:Common already, are these available yet or what? the anticipation is killing me! :crying:


Megabass told me from the beginning that the target availability date for these is late April of this year. The Tackle Trap will begin accepting pre-orders as soon as we have the green light. Here are a couple more photos that may help out! I'll release full specs for all the models soon unless someone does it first!

Image

Image


Gary,

Is that Warhammer a meatstick? Looking for a punch rod with some bend to it.

Thanks

leggomye990
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:34 pm
Location: ON, Canada

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby leggomye990 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:21 am

Cant wait to see these, I'm itching to buy some new rods!

User avatar
Teal101
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 4551
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:59 am
Location: Central Washington
Contact:

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby Teal101 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:10 am

Warhammer and Javelin please, thanks :mrgreen:
I like TD-Z's

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3557
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby bronzefly » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:11 am

ccass wrote:
Gary,

Is that Warhammer a meatstick? Looking for a punch rod with some bend to it.

Thanks


The Warhammer was designed with punching in mind. It has a ton of backbone and it is well thought out in terms of having the right flex for that application. My time with the rod didn't coincide with any punching activities, but I did throw some swim baits with the rod and pitched and casted a 1 oz jig with a large trailer. I see guys figuring out a lot of things they can do with the Warhammer when they're not punching. I will certainly do some punching with one this season as soon as that bite gets going!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

User avatar
Ham Solo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 725
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:51 pm
Location: A bass boat on Endor

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby Ham Solo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:57 am

That FMJ..... =P~

User avatar
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:03 pm
Location: California

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby zodiak311 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:04 am

Just the name "Warhammer" makes me want to buy the rod. :lol:
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

Revofisher
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:56 am

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby Revofisher » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:35 am

really glad they added length to the one ten stick!! very amped for these really like what i see so far spec wise

User avatar
cortman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 316
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby cortman » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:11 am

Man those are some sick looking rods. I am going to be blowing a ton of money this spring. :shock:

User avatar
bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3557
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: www.tackletrap.com
Contact:

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby bronzefly » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:18 am

Not pictured are the F7-76C Valdiva or the F10-711C Onager... full specs to come soon!

This OneTen Special is simply awesome. I'm very excited for more time with this one, even if the prime jerk bait bite has passed for the spring. It's so crisp that after a snap of the rod with a 110, it gets back to "stop" very quickly for enhanced bite detection on a slack line. As much as I've enjoyed other OneTen models, this one feels right for me and I'll be tossing a lot of top water baits on it this spring/summer. The handle is short like OneTen sticks of the past, but the length makes it much more appealing for so many other applications.

Ham - the FMJ is a FINE jig rod. I caught some fish pitching a 1/2 oz jig on a bluff wall in deep water and current and the sensitivity and power are there.

Warhammer, what a name, and a fitting one at that for that whoopin' stick :lol:
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

User avatar
zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2350
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:03 pm
Location: California

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby zodiak311 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:34 am

Javelin vs Daemos, seems similar specs wise. How were they different in regards to performance?
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

User avatar
Ifish585
Angler
Angler
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon May 02, 2016 11:56 am

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby Ifish585 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:44 am

I applaud =D> whoever has the job for coming up with the names for these megabass rods. They're the one's that makes me keep buying these rods :lol:

Dustys60
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:06 am

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby Dustys60 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:47 am

bronzefly wrote:Not pictured are the F7-76C Valdiva or the F10-711C Onager... full specs to come soon!

This OneTen Special is simply awesome. I'm very excited for more time with this one, even if the prime jerk bait bite has passed for the spring. It's so crisp that after a snap of the rod with a 110, it gets back to "stop" very quickly for enhanced bite detection on a slack line. As much as I've enjoyed other OneTen models, this one feels right for me and I'll be tossing a lot of top water baits on it this spring/summer. The handle is short like OneTen sticks of the past, but the length makes it much more appealing for so many other applications.

Ham - the FMJ is a FINE jig rod. I caught some fish pitching a 1/2 oz jig on a bluff wall in deep water and current and the sensitivity and power are there.

Warhammer, what a name, and a fitting one at that for that whoopin' stick :lol:

Some of the new names are a little crazy.


Return to “Rods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 5 guests