First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
Chode
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: First look at Megabass Destroyer USA rods

Postby Chode » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:30 pm

Hennessy wrote:
Chode wrote:
Hennessy wrote:After seeing all these pics, these rods look too pretty NOT to have one. Maybe the 7'2 or 7'5 model would be good for spinnerbaits, chatterbaits and swim jigs. Should be a few reviews out before TW next 15% & 20% off sales and that price wouldn't be so bad for a moving bait rod. The new steez looks awesome on it!

Aren't megabass always excluded in sales?

Haven't ordered rods, but there baits aren't. Just have to call in just like all the other exclusions on there list

Thought baits were excluded as well. That's good to know. Thx dude

FunInTheSun
Angler
Angler

Postby FunInTheSun » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:39 am

Does anyone know if the blank material is the same in the usdm destroyer line as it is in the 2016 JDM destroyer?
Specifically the f3 vlc compared to the usdm addermine?

Also, how does the daemos compare to the orochi xx Diablo spec r?

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby leggomye990 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:41 am

Just picked up the FMJ. Cannot wait to break it in. \:D/

antisaint
Angler
Angler

Postby antisaint » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Fished the FMJ today in some pretty nasty conditions winds were 20 to 30 mph .
I was fishing a 1/2oz dirty jigs finesse football head on channel banks for smallmouth.
Had nine bites on the jig, caught nine fish. Overall I'm really impressed with this stick, it looks fantastic
but more important it fishes fantastic, I had no problem feeling bites and bottom composition in 15 to 35 feet
In some very ruff water. anybody wanna buy some x4s lol !!!!!!!!

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby papabassin » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm picking up my Javelin on Monday...you guys have me out of my freakin mind right now \:D/

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby leggomye990 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:56 pm

papabassin wrote:I'm picking up my Javelin on Monday...you guys have me out of my freakin mind right now \:D/

\:D/
Either that, or the one ten stick is on my list too.

leggomye990
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby leggomye990 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:57 pm

antisaint wrote:Fished the FMJ today in some pretty nasty conditions winds were 20 to 30 mph .
I was fishing a 1/2oz dirty jigs finesse football head on channel banks for smallmouth.
Had nine bites on the jig, caught nine fish. Overall I'm really impressed with this stick, it looks fantastic
but more important it fishes fantastic, I had no problem feeling bites and bottom composition in 15 to 35 feet
In some very ruff water. anybody wanna buy some x4s lol !!!!!!!!

I was reading the description about the 2016 jdm destroyer super destroyer, it says it could handle no sinker rigs with grace, I wonder if the same is true for the usdm destroyer FMJ, seeing how they are similar in lengths and actions and specs?

nvm.. one os fast and one is MF, and difference of 6'9 vs 7'1

Cristo
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby Cristo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:26 am

What x4s do you have :big grin:
When in doubt bass like hotdogs.....

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby jpmoney » Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:04 pm

NYBASSIN wrote:Just came home to the Valdivia. It seems like it's going to be a great rod. Sold an NRX 894 to get it. My first impression is I won't regret it. Aesthetically it no contest, Valdivia wins by a landslide. Balance is another point for the Valdivia and overall just feels better in hand. Tough to say weather it will be as sensitive but time will tell. Can't wait to get it on the water.

Does the Valdivia feel like it has more power than the NRX 894C? I have the 894 and I'm looking for something with a little more power...

TommyG
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby TommyG » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:13 pm

How is the grip size on these rods? Are they a full size, or the "slim grip". The X7 DFM had a great blank but the grip was small, put my wrist at an odd angle, and when casting the heel of my palm was off the grip, after a couple of hours my wrist was shot.
Would like to dip a toe back into the MB pond, a full sized grip would be nice.

NYBASSIN
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby NYBASSIN » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:56 pm

jpmoney wrote:
NYBASSIN wrote:Just came home to the Valdivia. It seems like it's going to be a great rod. Sold an NRX 894 to get it. My first impression is I won't regret it. Aesthetically it no contest, Valdivia wins by a landslide. Balance is another point for the Valdivia and overall just feels better in hand. Tough to say weather it will be as sensitive but time will tell. Can't wait to get it on the water.

Does the Valdivia feel like it has more power than the NRX 894C? I have the 894 and I'm looking for something with a little more power...

Definitely more power. I would say faster too. Actually got it out yesterday for the first time. I don't want to compare sensitivity to the 894, but it is a very sensitive rod. Certainly left nothing wanting. I am happy I made the switch for sure.

papabassin
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby papabassin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:09 am

Just picked up the Javelin (thanks Gary). Man, these rods are beauties, and the Javelin feels amazing in hand. Hoping I get a chance to fish it sooner than later! I could see this getting expensive...

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby bronzefly » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:32 am

NYBASSIN wrote:
jpmoney wrote:

Definitely more power. I would say faster too. Actually got it out yesterday for the first time. I don't want to compare sensitivity to the 894, but it is a very sensitive rod. Certainly left nothing wanting. I am happy I made the switch for sure.

Agreed, the Valdiva has more power than NRX 894c, more similar power wise to NRX 895c but without the dreaded tip heaviness the 895 was hung with. Sensitivity is fantastic in my hands and those Hayabusa hooks are pretty impressive too!

I was able to fish several of these quite a bit this weekend. I managed to catch several on a 5" Senko using the Javelin. It reminds me a lot of the beloved and legendary Nautilus! Despite being focused as a long cast treble bait rod, which it's excellent at doing that too, guys will find a lot of uses for the Javelin. Glad you like it, thank you Shawn!!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

zodiak311
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby zodiak311 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:55 am

bronzefly wrote:
NYBASSIN wrote:
jpmoney wrote:

Agreed, the Valdiva has more power than NRX 894c, more similar power wise to NRX 895c but without the dreaded tip heaviness the 895 was hung with. Sensitivity is fantastic in my hands and those Hayabusa hooks are pretty impressive too!

I was able to fish several of these quite a bit this weekend. I managed to catch several on a 5" Senko using the Javelin. It reminds me a lot of the beloved and legendary Nautilus! Despite being focused as a long cast treble bait rod, which it's excellent at doing that too, guys will find a lot of uses for the Javelin. Glad you like it, thank you Shawn!!

Maybe it's already been stated, but how long is the rear handle on the Valdivia?
Get your kids hooked on fishing, and they'll never have any money for drugs or alcohol.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby bronzefly » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:07 am

zodiak311 wrote:Maybe it's already been stated, but how long is the rear handle on the Valdivia?

It's 10 13/16" from the butt to the gold trim ring behind the trigger between the reel seat and the cork. 10 3/8" is the same measurement on the NRX 894c JWR as a reference. I find the handle length on the Valdiva very comfortable for both pitching and cast and drag presentations.
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Return to “Rods”