G Loomis Quality Control

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
walleye962
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler

G Loomis Quality Control

Postby walleye962 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:25 pm

I just received my G Loomis Walleye series IMX rod today. I ordered it online. I am very disappointed. I am not disappointed at all with the blank. The guides and blank are fairly straight, but the cork handle is awful. It has all kinds to pits and indentations on it and were not even filled in with filler. I don't know how G Loomis could let this rod leave the factory this way. The rod was in it's original plastic, and not opened so its not the stores fault. Just out of curiosity, has anyone ever shipped back a rod for replacement for an issue like this? I have not contacted the seller yet. I wonder if they would cover the shipping? It does not seem fair that I would since the rod is not up to my standards, and certainly not G loomis standards. Can someone chime in and let me know what they think and offer any advice. Thanks

JigginOG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: G Loomis Quality Control

Postby JigginOG » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:15 pm

For one, Loomis isn't known for their QC.
Depending on which retailer you bought it from, you should be able to return without a question. If PayPal was involved whether it's a retail or personal transaction, you should be able to contact the seller and request a refund through PayPal.
I've bought many brand new Loomis rods and have yet to have an issue about the cork you mentioned.
Most retailers that ship anything should include a pre-paid return label. Simply repackage the item, slap on the label and drop it off at a postal service. In your case, I'd return the rod, wait for the money, and buy another rod.
Stores don't pick and choose which rod to ship out. So it's a bit nerve racking when buying rods online. Maybe it was just a bad pick of the litter.
Customer satisfaction is key.

JigginOG
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: G Loomis Quality Control

Postby JigginOG » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Forgot to mention.
If you send it back to Loomis, that's out of your own pocket. :whistle:

Return to “Rods”