Daiwa Tatula spinning

A specialized forum to discuss anything and everything about your favorite or not so favorite fishing rods.
RIng
Angler
Angler

Daiwa Tatula spinning

Postby RIng » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:16 am

I got my Daiwa Tatula 701 MFS spinning rod and BG 2000 today . It is 7' , M ,1/8 - 3/4 oz , 6 -14 lb . It looks very nice and the reel matches it well . I wish it had 1-2 more guides , and the handle was turned around . I have loaded it with 10 # sufix with 10 # flor. leader . I will take the kayak out tomorrow after snakhead , largemouth , and wight perch . Will take my MHX 7 ' L , 1/16 - 3/8 oz , 4-10 lb. that I built a few weeks ago also . The 1/8 -3/4 oz range seem to good to be true , well see .

big_gee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Daiwa Tatula spinning

Postby big_gee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 am

You wish you can turn the handle around? You should be able to unscrew it and switch sides.

Brad in Texas
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby Brad in Texas » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:35 am

I look forward to a report on how the new gear works out!

I am a big fan of limiting the "negative leverage" related to class-3 levers, fishing rods, that is. So, I ordered a St. Croix 6' rod in MH with a fast tip. I'd rather have had a moderate tip action but one wasn't available.

Fishing from a kayak, especially if seated, is almost always more of a finesse presentation and rarely involves long casting. Accuracy trumps casting distance. So far, I really like this short rod, its power and the increased accuracy, just handling it while seated.

And, I have a 5' ultra-light rod for panfish that has a moderate tip and it is simply great for working under docks.

This all led to me ordering a 5'6" medium powered, fast tip with a stated lure weight range from 1/4 to 5/8s ozs. It should be here in a few days and I'll use it for kayak short work: from drop shotting to pulling up and some light punching through grass and vegetation.

I think I am "on" to something here by going short. More on this later.

Brad

poisonokie
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby poisonokie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:17 am

big_gee wrote:You wish you can turn the handle around? You should be able to unscrew it and switch sides.

I think he means the reel seat.
Daiwa.Owner.

RIng
Angler
Angler

Postby RIng » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi all . One day of fishing and I think I will like the Tatula and BG 2000 and it well see a lot of use . The fish were not playing with me so no fish . There are a number of places that I can go and get a lot of fish . I was targeting snakhead and they are being hard to get . I think mine's under a bober might have worked but no lures that I had did . I will know a lot more after this summer about the rod and reel .

Return to “Rods”