Review on Lews Super Duty

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.

Review on Lews Super Duty

Postby Flathead » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:14 pm

Any one own these reels i know the tourney pro is awesome and more and more people are loving the less expensive tourney MG, but the super duty looks better for throwing soft plastics for flatty's (i use the much heavier larger ones) and like to throw a fair distance.
Flathead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Review on Lews Super Duty

Postby grantman83 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:02 pm

I own one and have it spooled with heavy braid. The main difference is the brass gearing which is meant to handle heavy applications. If you are using big line, heavy lures and catching big fish, this is your reel. It has an awesome amount of torque. The magnetic cast control is about the same as the MG so if you have used that you will have some idea as to the casting qualities.
grantman83
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Flathead » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:15 am

I figured as much, I am really becomming a Lews Fan there reels seemed to me to be the only reels really worth the money all the rest especially the Curado seem to be about $40 to much (for what you get) there is on bad thing though, since joining this site you guys have cost me nearly $1000 in fishing gear, Now whenever i see a new product i think to myself (i really need that).
Flathead
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby LgMouthGambler » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:27 am

No matter what brand you fish, you always want more. Get used to it. But hey, its better than doing drugs, that's what I tell my wife anyway.
LgMouthGambler
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Return to Reels