TATULA TYPE R

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby Speckled » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:01 am

:-k

Curious about the TWS thing on these reels and how it works compaired to T3 reels :?:

Anyone know 8-[ :lol: .
Speckled
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
 
Posts: 452
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:40 pm
Location: Houston, TX.

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby biggs » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:26 am

The plastic drag star on the Tatula automatically takes that one out of consideration for me, the type R on the other hand..........

E73Bass wrote:hope that it is offered in a 6.3.


X2.
biggs
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
 
Posts: 1469
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:52 am
Location: Ottawa, ON CANADA

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby got2be5 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:34 am

Just talked o a guy who demoed both reels this wknd,at an sporting event.He said Ish Monroe was there along with the Daiwa reps.Price $149.00 reg.$199.00 Type R.Just what was told to me.
got2be5
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
 
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:47 pm

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby Hogsticker2 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:26 am

Ya don't say
User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:20 pm

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby Native » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:47 am

got2be5 wrote:Just talked o a guy who demoed both reels this wknd,at an sporting event.He said Ish Monroe was there along with the Daiwa reps.Price $149.00 reg.$199.00 Type R.Just what was told to me.


Hmmmm .... a $200 Type R. This I have to see! :D
User avatar
Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby tywithay » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 am

Native wrote:
got2be5 wrote:Just talked o a guy who demoed both reels this wknd,at an sporting event.He said Ish Monroe was there along with the Daiwa reps.Price $149.00 reg.$199.00 Type R.Just what was told to me.


Hmmmm .... a $200 Type R. This I have to see! :D

It's also a Type R with no carbon handle, no cork knobs, and likely no rcs spool. I'll wait for non-staff reviews and hope for the best, but thus far I'm left wanting more.
tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
 
Posts: 2210
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby Native » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:56 am

tywithay wrote:
Native wrote:
got2be5 wrote:Just talked o a guy who demoed both reels this wknd,at an sporting event.He said Ish Monroe was there along with the Daiwa reps.Price $149.00 reg.$199.00 Type R.Just what was told to me.


Hmmmm .... a $200 Type R. This I have to see! :D

It's also a Type R with no carbon handle, no cork knobs, and likely no rcs spool. I'll wait for non-staff reviews and hope for the best, but thus far I'm left wanting more.


Yikes, thanks alot for the clarification, and yes I agree "Where's the Beef!!!!" :crying:
User avatar
Native
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:32 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby africanbass » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Native wrote:
tywithay wrote:
Native wrote:
got2be5 wrote:Just talked o a guy who demoed both reels this wknd,at an sporting event.He said Ish Monroe was there along with the Daiwa reps.Price $149.00 reg.$199.00 Type R.Just what was told to me.


Hmmmm .... a $200 Type R. This I have to see! :D

It's also a Type R with no carbon handle, no cork knobs, and likely no rcs spool. I'll wait for non-staff reviews and hope for the best, but thus far I'm left wanting more.


Yikes, thanks alot for the clarification, and yes I agree "Where's the Beef!!!!" :crying:

Gentlemen,it's all about the price $200
Add the rest and you have a $350 reel.Daiwa will sell plenty at the $200 mark.
There are plenty RCS parts to keep us happy if we so do wish :D
User avatar
africanbass
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
 
Posts: 2505
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:03 am
Location: johannesburg south africa

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby E73Bass » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:34 pm

Native wrote:
tywithay wrote:
Native wrote:
got2be5 wrote:Just talked o a guy who demoed both reels this wknd,at an sporting event.He said Ish Monroe was there along with the Daiwa reps.Price $149.00 reg.$199.00 Type R.Just what was told to me.


Hmmmm .... a $200 Type R. This I have to see! :D

It's also a Type R with no carbon handle, no cork knobs, and likely no rcs spool. I'll wait for non-staff reviews and hope for the best, but thus far I'm left wanting more.


Yikes, thanks alot for the clarification, and yes I agree "Where's the Beef!!!!" :crying:


Other than the carbon handle ( and we know for sure this type R is absent of that--???) sounds like about the same upgrades as was done to the Zillion Type R for much less of a price difference. Also like the Zillion---this may be intro pricing with price increases to come later down the road. Remember the Zillion was at $249 when it first came out.
E73Bass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:57 pm

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby bassinmaumee » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:48 am

Well if the ones I buy turn out great ill pick a bunch up b4 they jack up the prices. Maybe ill add some bocas to a couple.
bassinmaumee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:56 am

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby kckid3 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:59 pm

$200.00 Type R, I see a lot of these reels in my future.
kckid3
Angler
Angler
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:39 pm

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby tt350z » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:43 pm

I like the $200 price point. I've never once said "geez, my hands are so tired of reeling, I wish my reel had carbon handles with cork knobs along with the extra $100 price tag."

I'd rather have the lower initial price, that way I can upgrade the handles/knobs later if I choose to do so.
User avatar
tt350z
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:22 am
Location: North Dakota

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby bassinmaumee » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:04 am

tt350z wrote:I like the $200 price point. I've never once said "geez, my hands are so tired of reeling, I wish my reel had carbon handles with cork knobs along with the extra $100 price tag."

I'd rather have the lower initial price, that way I can upgrade the handles/knobs later if I choose to do so.

This, it kinda sounds like people are made that a 200$ reel doesnt have 300=350$ features. All I care about is does it retrieve smooth and cast easily. If I want to upgrade down the road then so be it.
bassinmaumee
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:56 am

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby IlliniDawg01 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:21 am

bassinmaumee wrote:
tt350z wrote:I like the $200 price point. I've never once said "geez, my hands are so tired of reeling, I wish my reel had carbon handles with cork knobs along with the extra $100 price tag."

I'd rather have the lower initial price, that way I can upgrade the handles/knobs later if I choose to do so.

This, it kinda sounds like people are made that a 200$ reel doesnt have 300=350$ features. All I care about is does it retrieve smooth and cast easily. If I want to upgrade down the road then so be it.


I agree in principal. I also think that Type R has come to mean certain things (at least in newer reels) and I think Daiwa made a mistake if they got away from that.

As far as I can tell every recent Type R reel has had the following upgrades:

Better Spool
Lighter Weight
Different Color (black and red)
Higher Gear Ratio than otherwise available
Carbon Handle
Upgraded Knobs
Upgraded Bearings

It appears this Type R has all of that but the handle and knob upgrades. Not how I would have done it...but they didn't ask me.

I'll probably buy one either way and then put a Semper Fi carbon swept handle on it.

DaveJ
User avatar
IlliniDawg01
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
 
Posts: 609
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 am
Location: Glen Carbon, Illinois

Re: TATULA TYPE R

Postby Hogsticker2 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:55 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
bassinmaumee wrote:
tt350z wrote:I like the $200 price point. I've never once said "geez, my hands are so tired of reeling, I wish my reel had carbon handles with cork knobs along with the extra $100 price tag."

I'd rather have the lower initial price, that way I can upgrade the handles/knobs later if I choose to do so.

This, it kinda sounds like people are made that a 200$ reel doesnt have 300=350$ features. All I care about is does it retrieve smooth and cast easily. If I want to upgrade down the road then so be it.


I agree in principal. I also think that Type R has come to mean certain things (at least in newer reels) and I think Daiwa made a mistake if they got away from that.

As far as I can tell every recent Type R reel has had the following upgrades:

Better Spool
Lighter Weight
Different Color (black and red)
Higher Gear Ratio than otherwise available
Carbon Handle
Upgraded Knobs
Upgraded Bearings

It appears this Type R has all of that but the handle and knob upgrades. Not how I would have done it...but they didn't ask me.

I'll probably buy one either way and then put a Semper Fi carbon swept handle on it.

DaveJ

It sorta does have an upgraded handle when compared to previous 200 Daiwa offerings, granted it's not carbon fiber. It hopefully comes with 4 bearings. The knobs could also be considered an upgrade considering they are a new style, and hopefully they can be removed. I'm sure some will dig them, some will not. I wouldn't be surprised if the standard version has standard Magforce braking and the Type R gets Magforce Z. We shall find out tomorrow! All other type R reels run twice the price, so this is also a 1st. A value priced type R does seem kinda odd.
User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
 
Posts: 2584
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Reels

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: IlliniDawg01, kickerken and 2 guests