Curado "i" ... is this the end ?

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Kurt L
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Curado "i" ... is this the end ?

Postby Kurt L » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:30 am

Bring back the Green! Shimano has a strong line of reels below the Curado why not go MGL! My 201i is pretty solid I put HH ZR bearings in it and a Met XG handle + knob bearings it's noticeably improved. I have landed Salmon to 25lbs on it with no problem and its still going strong!

Kurt

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby jpd0144 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:57 am

BUMP

Ok here's the deal...

Curado I's are still drying up at retailers. I tried calling 2 places for my son to pick up (2) 7 gear models at close out prices and they were out. Both claimed they were not getting anymore 7 gear stock. One place did say to me to just wait roughly 2 weeks and recheck their website that I would be surprised. I asked if it was a new release and he laughed saying he's not allowed to say anything but for me to read between the lines.

So with allllll the TT members that have their sources ... No info on the NEW CURADO yet ?

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby Bootytrain » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:20 am

jpd0144 wrote:BUMP

Ok here's the deal...

Curado I's are still drying up at retailers. I tried calling 2 places for my son to pick up (2) 7 gear models at close out prices and they were out. Both claimed they were not getting anymore 7 gear stock. One place did say to me to just wait roughly 2 weeks and recheck their website that I would be surprised. I asked if it was a new release and he laughed saying he's not allowed to say anything but for me to read between the lines.

So with allllll the TT members that have their sources ... No info on the NEW CURADO yet ?

ICAST

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby jpd0144 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:16 am

Bootytrain wrote:
ICAST

Not what I wanted to hear ... :?

So ... liquidation started 5 1/2 months before the July 11 ICAST show ? I started this post on Feb. 24 and at least the week before I had seen a place or 2 with them on sale already.

That's a long time to be out of stock for some retailers wouldn't you think ?

I'm just trying to be hopeful. :lol:

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby Bootytrain » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:37 am

jpd0144 wrote:
Bootytrain wrote:
ICAST

Not what I wanted to hear ... :?

So ... liquidation started 5 1/2 months before the July 11 ICAST show ? I started this post on Feb. 24 and at least the week before I had seen a place or 2 with them on sale already.

That's a long time to be out of stock for some retailers wouldn't you think ?

I'm just trying to be hopeful. :lol:

Well despite the haters misinformation, people love the Curado I as you can see. I would just get a Scorpion 200 from Japan if you can't find one. Also check non typical retailers, like walmart. They do price match

jpd0144
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby jpd0144 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:41 am

Bootytrain wrote:
Well despite the haters misinformation, people love the Curado I as you can see. I would just get a Scorpion 200 from Japan if you can't find one. Also check non typical retailers, like walmart. They do price match

Thanks for the suggestion ! 8-)

Return to “Reels”