Shimano Ultegra C3000 Spinning Reel

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Shimano Ultegra C3000 Spinning Reel

Postby Hulkster » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:44 pm

Hello all, has anyone fished with one of the new Ultegras yet? I pulled the trigger on a 3000 model because my local tackle store was having a spring sale, and I had a few gift cards to use up lol. I have it paired with my E6X Jig and Worm Rod 852S. Feels like a sweet combo but I haven't fished it yet its frozen up here in Ontario Canada still. Look for some reviews. not sure if I made the right choice on getting it over the Stradic FK (up here there is a hefty price difference - $70:(). I know it has some of the high end features of the stradic, like aerowrap, drive drive handle etc. it feels buttery smooth. I thought it seemed like more 'bang for the buck'. Has anyone fished both?

Thanks

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano Ultegra C3000 Spinning Reel

Postby Hulkster » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:39 am

So, my wife had a credit note at the outdoor store that she forgot about (bought some shoes or something and didn't like them). I returned the Ultegra and and I am now the proud owner of a Stradic 3000FK! sweet!

Return to “Reels”