steez replacement spools

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
gailt
Angler
Angler

steez replacement spools

Postby gailt » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:21 pm

I have a steez 103h and a steez 100sh,and was considering putting a shallow Sv spool in the 103,and a SV with the more capacity in the 100 would that be the best way to alocate the spools,and which sv spool should I get as I know theres several versions.
Thank in advance for all who contribute

Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: steez replacement spools

Postby Hogsticker2 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:49 pm

The Tackletrap now has a limited number of G1 SV spools from the Daiwa zillion sv tw in stock for 70 bucks. Get one or two while you can. Aside from that, Slp works has the SV105 Steez spool in red, orange and purple. These might perform better with light baits as the inductor is a little smaller, and the spool is slightly lighter. With this spool the braking profile won't be quite as strong. I don't really consider either of these shallow spools, though some may. They hold roughly 100 yards of 14 lb test if memory serves correct.
Slp Works has a deep version of the SV 1000 spool, but it only comes in orange, and only holds approximately 20 more yards of line. It should work fine with any steez platform.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby adam lancia » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:20 pm

I'd pick up a deep SV1000 spool for the 100H and an SV105 for the 103H. I have an SV105 in a 103H and I love it for lighter stuff, I have 20# braid on it (with whatever leader I'm using that day) and that gives me tons of capacity. I'm in the process of trying to source a deeper SV spool right now so I can't speak for how the SV103 or SV1000 perform in the 100H but if they're anything like the SV105, you'll be a happy camper. Another option is the 1016 (which I have in another 103H) which has more capacity than the SV103. It's a great all around spool that can bomb lures and also make controlled casts to targets. If you're looking for a spool that is a long bomber, send any 1 (or more,this is Tackle Tour after all!) of those spools to Ian Shields and he'll turn it into a bombing machine. I think the Tackle Trap has the spool from the current SV TW Zillion (same capacity as an SV103), the SV103, SV105 and 1016 all in stock.

gailt
Angler
Angler

Postby gailt » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:23 am

Thank you thats just what I was looking for

klondike1024
Angler
Angler

Postby klondike1024 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:17 pm

adam lancia wrote:I'd pick up a deep SV1000 spool for the 100H and an SV105 for the 103H. I have an SV105 in a 103H and I love it for lighter stuff, I have 20# braid on it (with whatever leader I'm using that day) and that gives me tons of capacity. I'm in the process of trying to source a deeper SV spool right now so I can't speak for how the SV103 or SV1000 perform in the 100H but if they're anything like the SV105, you'll be a happy camper. Another option is the 1016 (which I have in another 103H) which has more capacity than the SV103. It's a great all around spool that can bomb lures and also make controlled casts to targets. If you're looking for a spool that is a long bomber, send any 1 (or more,this is Tackle Tour after all!) of those spools to Ian Shields and he'll turn it into a bombing machine. I think the Tackle Trap has the spool from the current SV TW Zillion (same capacity as an SV103), the SV103, SV105 and 1016 all in stock.

The SV103 comes a little over braked in stock form. I had Ian tune up an SV103 spool for me that was installed in an EX100HS. The braking profile was perfect after he worked his magic. With a set of ZPI bearings the tuned SV103 in a Steez is pretty awesome.

PikeRoadBassn
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby PikeRoadBassn » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:31 pm

adam lancia wrote:I'd pick up a deep SV1000 spool for the 100H and an SV105 for the 103H. I have an SV105 in a 103H and I love it for lighter stuff, I have 20# braid on it (with whatever leader I'm using that day) and that gives me tons of capacity. I'm in the process of trying to source a deeper SV spool right now so I can't speak for how the SV103 or SV1000 perform in the 100H but if they're anything like the SV105, you'll be a happy camper. Another option is the 1016 (which I have in another 103H) which has more capacity than the SV103. It's a great all around spool that can bomb lures and also make controlled casts to targets. If you're looking for a spool that is a long bomber, send any 1 (or more,this is Tackle Tour after all!) of those spools to Ian Shields and he'll turn it into a bombing machine. I think the Tackle Trap has the spool from the current SV TW Zillion (same capacity as an SV103), the SV103, SV105 and 1016 all in stock.

Correct, we do have these in stock, most of them at least, and can tune them in house before it ever ships.

bronzefly
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby bronzefly » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:55 pm

The Tackle Trap sold out of the G1 Duralumin SV spools in a hurry, but there are a bunch more on order. Hopefully they will show up in May sometime. If you missed out, keep an eye on the website and it will be updated as soon as they arrive. In the meantime, TT is expanding the selection of parts available. Special orders are available anytime, please contact the shop for more information or if there are parts you'd like to see available on the site. Thanks everyone!
www.tackletrap.com
facebook.com/tackletrap

Return to “Reels”