Which DC reel has the best "whine"

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Hennessy
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Which DC reel has the best "whine"

Postby Hennessy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Looking to venture out on a dc reel here lately. I looked at the metanium dc reel review, and basically read if your wanting one, stop hesitating. Its actually the only dc reel that comes in xg, and it would be for topwater. Then i read another comment saying, the whine on the metanium is annoying after while. Other dc reels that have me interested is the '16 anteras dc which is top of the line or scorpion dc but both are hg models though. Looking for anyone that has a dc reel that wants to chime in

Bootytrain
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: Which DC reel has the best "whine"

Postby Bootytrain » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:01 pm

I have Exsence DC, Calais DC, Conquest 50DC, the new Scorpion DC. Honestly I cant really tall the difference but I havent fished them side by side on which one is the loudest. Maybe frame material factors into it. If you want to get a DC without spending alot the new Scorpion is the best bang for the buck(replacing the old Exsence DC imo) It has a nice whine that turned some heads when I fished it but I never got annoyed with the sound. The new Exsence DC is out now too but thats Antares DC money.

rp346
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby rp346 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:28 pm

The whine is the whine of a DC reel and would not let someone else's whining get in the way of owning one. Owning a fair amount of Conquest DC's, Calais DC7's and Antares DC's I can only speak for them. So since you are going Topwater do yourself a favor and get the 16 Antares DC HG and enjoy a whole lot of "Whine Time"........ :D

arrowslinger1
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby arrowslinger1 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Out of the met dc, exsence, and calais - the calais seems the loudest to me.
Must buy all jdm shimanos.....

alafly
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby alafly » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:41 am

Will order new Scorpion DC lefty next month as your suggestion. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Bootytrain wrote:I have Exsence DC, Calais DC, Conquest 50DC, the new Scorpion DC. Honestly I cant really tall the difference but I havent fished them side by side on which one is the loudest. Maybe frame material factors into it. If you want to get a DC without spending alot the new Scorpion is the best bang for the buck(replacing the old Exsence DC imo) It has a nice whine that turned some heads when I fished it but I never got annoyed with the sound. The new Exsence DC is out now too but thats Antares DC money.
"North" of America...

Return to “Reels”