Steez A

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
DaisyZillion
Angler
Angler
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Steez A

Postby DaisyZillion » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:40 am

Anyone else out there gettin' excited about the new saltwater safe Steez A! For me only fishing salt I know I am =D> , it sounds like it will be a less finesse type product but if the SV spool fits [-o< .

User avatar
IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2082
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 am
Location: Glen Carbon, Illinois

Re: Steez A

Postby IlliniDawg01 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:48 am

Have you tried out the new Zillion SV TWS? It pretty much checks all those boxes now, though probably isn't quite as refined.

DaveJ

DaisyZillion
Angler
Angler
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Steez A

Postby DaisyZillion » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:52 pm

IlliniDawg01 wrote:Have you tried out the new Zillion SV TWS? It pretty much checks all those boxes now, though probably isn't quite as refined.

DaveJ


Not real keen on the Zillion TW family of reels, been sticking to OG, as you say the lighter more refine Steez is what I'm looking at.

DirtyD64
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Steez A

Postby DirtyD64 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:14 pm

I read that they still have the G1 Duralumin spool (lighter than 7075 SV), but also have the regular Magforce Z instead of the Air Brake. Should keep inductor's from sticking if people worry about that and maybe have a better longer casting (less braking) profile for performance with regular to heavier lures...

DaisyZillion
Angler
Angler
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Steez A

Postby DaisyZillion » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:43 pm

DirtyD64 wrote:I read that they still have the G1 Duralumin spool (lighter than 7075 SV), but also have the regular Magforce Z instead of the Air Brake. Should keep inductor's from sticking if people worry about that and maybe have a better longer casting (less braking) profile for performance with regular to heavier lures...


Ticking the boxes right there for me bro, cheers for the info, I gather the magforce Z brake won't take the sv inductor.

User avatar
IlliniDawg01
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2082
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:20 am
Location: Glen Carbon, Illinois

Re: Steez A

Postby IlliniDawg01 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:00 am

DaisyZillion wrote:
IlliniDawg01 wrote:Have you tried out the new Zillion SV TWS? It pretty much checks all those boxes now, though probably isn't quite as refined.

DaveJ


Not real keen on the Zillion TW family of reels, been sticking to OG, as you say the lighter more refine Steez is what I'm looking at.


Understood. The weight of the 2 reels is nearly identical at 6.8oz for the Steez A and 6.9oz for the Zillion SV TWS. I imagine the feel quite different in the reeling category though. I think the Steez A has the audible drag alert as well, which is a nice feature for some. I'm uncertain what the side-plates are made of but "Zaion carbon palming cup" makes me think both side plates are Zaion.

Let us know if you find out if the SV spools work in the Steez A.

DaveJ

DaisyZillion
Angler
Angler
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Steez A

Postby DaisyZillion » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:15 am

IlliniDawg01 wrote:
DaisyZillion wrote:
IlliniDawg01 wrote:Have you tried out the new Zillion SV TWS? It pretty much checks all those boxes now, though probably isn't quite as refined.

DaveJ


Not real keen on the Zillion TW family of reels, been sticking to OG, as you say the lighter more refine Steez is what I'm looking at.


Understood. The weight of the 2 reels is nearly identical at 6.8oz for the Steez A and 6.9oz for the Zillion SV TWS. I imagine the feel quite different in the reeling category though. I think the Steez A has the audible drag alert as well, which is a nice feature for some. I'm uncertain what the side-plates are made of but "Zaion carbon palming cup" makes me think both side plates are Zaion.

Let us know if you find out if the SV spools work in the Steez A.

DaveJ


Will do mate, I'd dare say the non drive side plate is zaion and the drive side will be Ali at that weight. I just hope it has that Steeziness about it stil, cheers!

DaisyZillion
Angler
Angler
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Steez A

Postby DaisyZillion » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:16 pm

Does anyone out there know where this reel is being manufactured?

jpmoney
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:38 pm

Re: Steez A

Postby jpmoney » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:39 am

I don't know for sure yet, but considering it's still technically a steez, I would put money on it being made in Japan.

User avatar
Big-Bass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1224
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:59 am
Location: Northeast

Re: Steez A

Postby Big-Bass » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:15 am


DaisyZillion
Angler
Angler
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:48 pm

Re: Steez A

Postby DaisyZillion » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:10 pm

Big-Bass wrote:http://japantackle.com/special/reg0000218.html

Made in Japan.


Never even thought to check Jun's site, thanks Big-Bass


Return to “Reels”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media, nativefloridian, PikeRoadBassn and 17 guests