Shimano Curado 300 Or Daiwa Lexa 300

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Ghost
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane, Death Valley, CA 90210-->Now via Indiana

Shimano Curado 300 Or Daiwa Lexa 300

Postby Ghost » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:19 am

Shimano Curado 300 Or Daiwa Lexa 300 (Original, HD or CC)

Trying to decide which swim bait reel to get.

What do you own from these I mentioned, how do you like and what would you recommend?

This will be an all around swim bait reel, 6" Hudds, S-Waver 165, WP 130, Savage Gear 5 & 7" swim baits and Spro Rat 50, also other 7" swim baits.

Randingo
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Re: Shimano Curado 300 Or Daiwa Lexa 300

Postby Randingo » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:21 am

This is a no-brainer to me, but it's neither of the two you mentioned. You want the Tranx 300. It's built better than either of the others. I know I didn't really answer your question, but I think the Tranx is a step up from any other reel in its class. If I had to take one of the two you mentioned--and there's nothing wrong with either of them--I'd take the Lexa HD. I prefer the brakes, the stainless gears, and the overall feel. That being said, I'm a Daiwa guy at heart... but the Tranx is the real deal.

Return to “Reels”