Zillion SV vs. Tatula SV

Reels are the hottest topic for TackleTour. Everyone wants to know what the latest and greatest is and how they compare to the old guard. What's the best for light stuff, or what's your suggestion for heavy cover. Do we really need different retrieve ratios? It's all in here.
Big-Bass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Zillion SV vs. Tatula SV

Postby Big-Bass » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:52 am

Please compare...feel free to add any comments on either. Performance, durability, gears, cast ability, etc...

Thanks!

brighamvang
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Zillion SV vs. Tatula SV

Postby brighamvang » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:54 pm

the tatula feels much smoother than the Zillion.

LgMouthGambler
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby LgMouthGambler » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:59 pm

I have only gotten to feel the Tatula SV from getting one for a friend, but he is a lefty so I cant use his reel. Hopefully come October when I head back to Guntersville I will stop into The Tackle Trap and get to do a side by side comparison. Either way, I'm not a T Wing fan, so neither will I purchase. Lol
<")))><{

DirtyD64
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby DirtyD64 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:39 pm

brighamvang wrote:the tatula feels much smoother than the Zillion.

Really? I tested the Tatula SV today and it felt great. Not sure how the Zillion will compare, my deciding point would be wondering if a free floating spool, dual pinion support, clicking cast knob, and .3oz is worth $100 more...
Also I wonder if the Tatula SV has addressed the inductor sticking issues...

Return to “Reels”