Silent jerkbait

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!

Silent jerkbait

Postby pharmboy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:16 pm

LC Pointer 95 is the only silent jerk i am familiar with.......there have got to be others. For me, the silent 95 is a huge producer not only for spring/fall smallies, but a consistent catcher of tons of walleyes each fall. Looking for other options..
pharmboy
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Silent jerkbait

Postby njbasscat » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:33 am

There doesn't seem to be many
Megabass Ito Vision 110 Silent Riser
Rapala Original Floater
njbasscat
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby OkobojiEagle » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:12 am

pharmboy wrote:LC Pointer 95 is the only silent jerk i am familiar with.......there have got to be others. For me, the silent 95 is a huge producer not only for spring/fall smallies, but a consistent catcher of tons of walleyes each fall. Looking for other options..

Why do you feel that lack of rattle is a major factor in the strike rate? Would size, action, color or suspend depth be as important?

oe
OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby NJ Jigman » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:21 am

If the 95 is such a producer why is there a need for another bait :?:
NJ Jigman
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Gone Phishin » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:15 pm

NJ Jigman wrote:If the 95 is such a producer why is there a need for another bait :?:

Because it's TT, and we are all addicts looking for our next fix. :lol:
Gone Phishin
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby pharmboy » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Why do you feel that lack of rattle is a major factor in the strike rate? Would size, action, color or suspend depth be as important?

oe[/quote]

I think it is just like the explosion of silent cranks........pressured waters lead to fish avoiding rattling baits.
pharmboy
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby Canga- » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:07 am

the sebile koolie minnows have a very very slight rattle, not completely silent but very subtle. also as stated above, the rapala original floater is a good one, along with the countdown rapala. not a whole lot else out there that i have seen, unfortunately.

can also try a soft plastic swimbait, rigged on a jighead, had some terrific action with walleyes on them this spring but havent had a chance to fish with them yet this fall.
Canga-
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby OkobojiEagle » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:51 am

pharmboy wrote:Why do you feel that lack of rattle is a major factor in the strike rate? Would size, action, color or suspend depth be as important?

oe

I think it is just like the explosion of silent cranks........pressured waters lead to fish avoiding rattling baits.[/quote]

There is a lot of ambient noise in a lake or river, especially pressured lakes/rivers to cover the rattle from a jerk bait. I have more faith in the attributes that will attract visually.

oe
OkobojiEagle
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby smalljaw » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:00 am

The Rapala flat rap is silent and the older model strike king wild shiners used to be silent as well. The reason you won't see many suspending baits without the rattle is because the rattles are part of the weight system. Pointers get that slight wobble when you stop them because of the weight inside rolling around and the baits I mentioned are floating models. The only time I've seen sound make a difference with a jerkbait was fishing a lake in late February, I was using a SK wild shiner and I kept getting a small musky following it, I made 4 cast and the fish followed the bait the first 2 times and then it was gone. I tied on a Smithwick Rattlin' Rogue and gve it 3 good rips in a row and as soon as it stopped a 38" musky smashed it! I ended up catching 9 smallies and 2 muskies in 3 hours and nothing on the wild shiner in an hour. I don't know if it was the sound or the color but ever since I never worried about rattles, I just try to see what works and the rogue is one of the most consistent fish catching jerkbaits I use and it happens to be one of the loudest but it could be coincidence.
smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby thelatrobe33 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:32 am

X2 on the Rapala Flat Rap

It's been good to me since it came out a couple years ago.
thelatrobe33
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby ec1 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:36 pm

OSP has a silent slow floating Rudra. Might be a little hard to source because I think that one they left for Japan only. Only seen it at one tackle store so far in Canada.

The 95 Silent got me my biggest largie of the year so far.... I'm not changing a good thing ;)
ec1
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby slipperybob » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:02 am

I think I've got some Owner Rip'n Minnow 90 that are silent.
slipperybob
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby damian_megabass » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:38 am

Megabass 110 Square bill. It's silent :big grin:
damian_megabass
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby Good351 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Vision 95 is silent
Good351
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby dragon1 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:36 am

Original Rapala Husky 13 Floaters...F18 if you want bigger.
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Return to Hardbaits