Rapala scatter rap

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!

Rapala scatter rap

Postby jerkbait22 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:59 am

If you have seen rapalas advertising regarding how "fishing will change forever" this weekend they are talking about their new "scatter" design. I am surprised there are no threads on it yet here or maybe I missed it. I was able to find a picture online of what it looks like. Basicly its a cupped/curved lip which makes the bait dart up/down/left/right. Pretty interesting. Apparently 1 or 2 guys will have it at the classic this weekend. Looks like an interesting idea. I hope to get my hands on a few.
jerkbait22
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Re: Rapala scatter rap

Postby Hogsticker2 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:55 am

Where's the pics?
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby Quillback » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:20 am

Looks like TW is in the process of creating a link to a sales page, they have a new featured Item page that unfortunately for now at least, links you to a blank page. My guess is that it's early in the AM at TW and they didn't have time to finish the link yet.

Supposedly the Dicks' booth at the Classic expo will carry the new Rapalas. If this ice storm doesn't keep me away, I may pick up a couple.
Quillback
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Canga- » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:50 am

there is a 6 page thread about this on bass resource, mostly speculation and some complaining about rapala customer service, but there is a couple posts with info (though its covered pretty well by jerkbait22), but on page 5 there was a smallish pic of what looks like the shad rap version of the design. apparently it will com in a crankbait, minnow, shad and countdown version, and should be in the dicks sporting goods booth at the classic.

if the design does what they say it does, it sounds pretty cool and i pick up a few for sure, i just hope they come out sooner than later!
Canga-
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby jerkbait22 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:57 am

Canga that's where I got my info from - bass resource forums. I clicked on the banner on TW A few days ago and it loaded a blank page but the HTML address said "scatter" so I googled rapala scatter and foud the bass resource thread. I don post on there but I do here so I started this thread. I am hoping it will be available to purchase this weekend or after this weekend from TW.

I have already dropped probably $400 this winter on new stuff I don't need so what's another $50 on some new groundbreaking lures! Baitmonkey demands more!
jerkbait22
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby under cover » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:06 am

Scatter rap with a cupped style bill...
under cover
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby smalljaw » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:11 am

I'm waiting anxiously and the reason why is because of the minnow version. I have been really happy with what Rapala has put out in recent times, the flat rap has really done a great job on smallies and on largemouth on submerged weed flats so I'm really wanting one of the new "scatter raps".
smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby Snidley » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Looks like a crankbait version of a WiggleFin http://www.wigglefin.com/ I have never used one but they look like a good option for Salmon and Steelhead trolling. Their action has a very erratic hunt. Imakatsu also uses a new blade method to create "hunt" in their Waddle Bat and Scare Brow line of cranks. Again never used one but I think they both would work well.
Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby Garfisher » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:27 pm

Here are the videos for the actions:
Scatter Rap Shad- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0FpfCfE_Cs
Scatter Rap Countdown- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTlybKYv8Rg
Scatter Rap Crank- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwc7xQSXEwI
Scatter Rap Minnow- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo0miCsUgzU
Looks like a good action, although I can get a similar action to that retrieve with a tail dancer if I retrieve it a certain way :lol:
Garfisher
Angler
Angler

Postby Quillback » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:42 am

TW now has them available for pre-order (supposed to arrive around March 17).
Quillback
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby zalan » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:25 am

How does it compare to the Salmo Whacky? It's been on the market for a while and has similar lip.

zalan
Senior Angler
Senior Angler

Postby Snidley » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:06 am

Looks like it's not only the Chinese that have been stealing other people's technology. Shame on you Rapala. Still it looks like a killer action. And Salmo should have made their Wacky lure available as I've never seen one.
Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby Snidley » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:04 am

Some other interesting "Euro" fishing lures reviewed on this little website http://www.luretour.com/?tag=salmo-whacky I'd love to get some of those mini crankbaits that sort of look like Shad Raps. I use Alex Lures from Serbia and they are absolute killer lures for here in Ontario.
Snidley
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby smalljaw » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:57 pm

The Salmo Whacky does the same thing only when running faster trolling speeds and it seems that it was developed around the same time only Rapala fine tuned the design to make it useable with regular retrieve speeds to all for casting and reeling rather than trolling.
smalljaw
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby Finnz922 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:13 pm

Picking a few up for sure
Finnz922
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Next

Return to Hardbaits