Spy baits who's using them, and what brands?

From crankbaits to jerkbaits to wakebaits and more, TackleTour's new hardbait sub-forum has been a long time coming. Well, now your wait is over!
BRONZEBACK32
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Re: Spy baits who's using them, and what brands?

Postby BRONZEBACK32 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:10 pm

I've been using them for a while now, duo realis 80 is the only one I have used and its been excellent.
I have got, small mouth, large mouth, trout, wiper and even channel catfish, they catch everything.

I run mine with strait braid, 15lb seaguar smackdown, the thinner the line the better, slow retrieve is a must.

Metanium 13 on a NRX 852, these also cast excellent...
Will be using the Met MGL and maybe a NRX 842 this year :big grin:

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Frosty » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:39 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:I've been using them for a while now, duo realis 80 is the only one I have used and its been excellent.
I have got, small mouth, large mouth, trout, wiper and even channel catfish, they catch everything.

I run mine with strait braid, 15lb seaguar smackdown, the thinner the line the better, slow retrieve is a must.

Metanium 13 on a NRX 852, these also cast excellent...
Will be using the Met MGL and maybe a NRX 842 this year :big grin:

I'm throwing on 8# P-line 100% fluorocarbon. Next time I'm out I'm going to put some time in with them. We just had another big cold front push through.

BRONZEBACK32
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler

Postby BRONZEBACK32 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Its snowing here again, we got like a week of 50's and now its back to winter :crying:

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Frosty » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:51 am

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:Its snowing here again, we got like a week of 50's and now its back to winter :crying:

We had record highs this week, and a lot of 50's and 60's the last two weeks. The lakes were just starting to fire up, and I was catching fish now back to winter here as well. I prefer winter/early spring fishing, so I don't mind too much, but I was having fun with all the good fishing days :-({|=

Frosty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler

Postby Frosty » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Caught 4 fish today on a post cold front bluebird day with absolutely zero wind and 45 degree air temps/42 degree water temps. I caught one other fish on a jig. To say I'm impressed would be an understatement! Was using a G-fix 90 on an Alphas SV 10# sniper and a Glx 842. The fish were caught along channels where water went from approx 6' to 17'

disclaimer: one fish was a 6# drum ](*,)

Return to “Hardbaits”