A note regarding affiliations/sponsors

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

A note regarding affiliations/sponsors

Postby Cal » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:20 pm

In the past, we've requested those sponsored or otherwise associated with manufacturers make their presence known by adding their affiliations in their signature lines.

Unfortunately, due to the aggressive nature of various spambots, the signature lines were being used as a vehicle to pass on various URLs and other unauthorized and unwanted advertisements. So we turned the signature feature off.

While we would still appreciate those who are associated with specific manufacturers to make their affiliations known, we're leaving this to your own discretion as to how to present this information.

TT Forum is a place for like minds to share their passion for tackle. Affiliations with manufacturers, retailers, rep groups, or other entities related to the industry will always cast a suspicious shadow upon comments whether they are positive or not. The more hidden or concealed these affiliations, the darker the shadow. If you are affiliated, be mindful of these shadows and please conduct yourself accordingly.

tywithay
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Re: A note regarding affiliations/sponsors

Postby tywithay » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:18 pm

I'm a moderator on a bowling site and we had similar issues. We fixed it by adding a small blurb under a guys username, much like yours says "TT Pro Angler." Is there a way, with this format, that admins would be able to add those credentials to a guys little 'stat sheet' beneath their username when they post. The guys with sponsorships could just let you guys know and have it added. Don't know if it's possible, was just a thought. I think we use vBulletin, don't know how different this format is.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

Postby dragon1 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:43 am

tywithay wrote:I'm a moderator on a bowling site and we had similar issues. We fixed it by adding a small blurb under a guys username, much like yours says "TT Pro Angler." Is there a way, with this format, that admins would be able to add those credentials to a guys little 'stat sheet' beneath their username when they post. The guys with sponsorships could just let you guys know and have it added. Don't know if it's possible, was just a thought. I think we use vBulletin, don't know how different this format is.

:-k

Cal
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Cal » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:19 pm

Signature feature is now turned back on.
Cal, Managing Editor
"fish with mindfulness : beware the darkside"

Return to “TT Announcements”