Lets see all them Daiwa's

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
Soardo
Angler
Angler
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Lake Lanier GA
Contact:

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by Soardo » Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:28 pm

LowRange wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:33 pm
Zillion PE special with lexa handle and IP68 spool. I want a two tone silver and gold tension knob. Who sells those and what gold do I want? There are two shades from the factory and I added the darker IP68 spool. I might just leave it silver. It works with the star and face plate. I'm keeping the big dumb knobs. It's going on one of the H moving bait St Croix LTB rods.

Image
Image
Love those handles. They’d go well on my Bay Casting Millionaires. Any sources?

User avatar
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4701
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by LowRange » Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:42 pm

Soardo wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:28 pm
LowRange wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:33 pm
Zillion PE special with lexa handle and IP68 spool. I want a two tone silver and gold tension knob. Who sells those and what gold do I want? There are two shades from the factory and I added the darker IP68 spool. I might just leave it silver. It works with the star and face plate. I'm keeping the big dumb knobs. It's going on one of the H moving bait St Croix LTB rods.

Image
Image
Love those handles. They’d go well on my Bay Casting Millionaires. Any sources?
Mine was listed as a Daiwa Lexa handle or for Lexa on Amazon. They had black or blue and I got blue.

Here it is: https://www.amazon.com/Daiwa-Handle-100 ... 568&sr=8-3

Soardo
Angler
Angler
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:48 am
Location: Lake Lanier GA
Contact:

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by Soardo » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:18 am

Excellent thanks!

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 10236
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Murfreesboro TN

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by dragon1 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:37 pm

MountainMan 83 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:56 pm
Picked this up a few years ago. Just got around to messing with it. Came with 6.8 gears and ZPI bearings. Added tapped driveshaft with clicker kit, new style drag star, Ize factory handle, and Avail knobs.
Image

Image
Friggin' SICK! BTW, IIRC - the I'ZE Light should already have an R+ spool in it.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 10236
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Murfreesboro TN

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by dragon1 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:38 pm

LowRange wrote:
Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:33 pm
Zillion PE special with lexa handle and IP68 spool. I want a two tone silver and gold tension knob. Who sells those and what gold do I want? There are two shades from the factory and I added the darker IP68 spool. I might just leave it silver. It works with the star and face plate. I'm keeping the big dumb knobs. It's going on one of the H moving bait St Croix LTB rods.

Image
Image

Looking sexy with her "new dress"...
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 10236
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Murfreesboro TN

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by dragon1 » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:38 pm

MountainMan 83 wrote:
Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:47 am
Dipping my toes into some BFS this year. Alphas SV TW with spacers for an RCS 700 shallow spool and drag clicker kit.
Image

Image
Friggin' SICK!
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Cristo
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1919
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:13 am

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by Cristo » Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:45 pm

Yes!
Image

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:50 pm

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by MK49 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:38 pm

Wanna see something really cool? This was my 1st baitcaster, bought in 1980. I believe it was the very 1st low profile baitcaster from Daiwa.

Over the last 40+ years, I've bought three Shimano and two Abu Garcia reels. Other than that, it's all Daiwa for me. Actually, the last time I used non-Daiwa reel was about 25 years ago.

Image

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 7064
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by Hogsticker2 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:35 pm

MK49 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 6:38 pm
Wanna see something really cool? This was my 1st baitcaster, bought in 1980. I believe it was the very 1st low profile baitcaster from Daiwa.

Over the last 40+ years, I've bought three Shimano and two Abu Garcia reels. Other than that, it's all Daiwa for me. Actually, the last time I used non-Daiwa reel was about 25 years ago.

Image
Outstanding

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:50 pm

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by MK49 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:30 pm

Wanna see something funny? This is a Daiwa lure that I bought around 1980. I bought it as a joke, but I've caught some fish with Heddon Big Bud, so maybe, this Daiwa can catch some bass. It has the Lucky 13-ish cup. I took a picture with a Heddon Big Bud as a reference.

Image

Winstondry
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 685
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:38 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by Winstondry » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:25 pm

That Budweiser lure makes me feel a bit nostalgic. I remember seeing one of those as a kid at the Navy Exchange on Rough and Ready Island in Stockton, CA back in 1975. I wanted one so bad.

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:50 pm

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by MK49 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:52 pm

Winstondry wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:25 pm
That Budweiser lure makes me feel a bit nostalgic. I remember seeing one of those as a kid at the Navy Exchange on Rough and Ready Island in Stockton, CA back in 1975. I wanted one so bad.
Stockton should be a good place for bass fishing. You could buy a Big Bud on eBay, and it's not that expensive. And, it does actually catch fish.
Last edited by MK49 on Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MK49
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:50 pm

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by MK49 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:03 pm

OK, I just modified the Daiwa beer can lure. Changed the tail with a Colorado blade like the Heddon. Put a bigger front hook, and added some weight under the chin. My goal was making it float like a Heddon Lucky 13. It should work as a popper/chugger and a wakebait.

It does sound pretty much like the Big Bud now. I think the sound is mostly coming from the hooks hitting the beer can, though. I'll take it for fishing in the weekend. My only concern is the weight. It's quite a bit smaller than the Bud. I probably won't be able to cast that far with a baitcaster, and I don't user spinning reels.

Image

User avatar
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4701
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by LowRange » Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:43 am

I took a bit of a gamble and ordered a purple Lexa 300 called a Prorex 300. I wasn't sure what shade of purple it was in the pics because my Purple 200 spool looked blue in some pics but came in the color I wanted. Turns out this Prorex 300 was not quite the shade of Daiwa purple I was hoping for. I got it to steal the knobs off of and sell which is why I bought the lefty but now I'm stuck with it. I can use either but change grip between casting and retrieving so either hand retrieve works the same for me. I was going to get a Tatula 300 for a Wild Side 72H+ put just decided to pull the trigger on the rod and use this reel. I kinda wanted a Lexa 300 anyways. It certainly has more braking power than my Tatula 200 which is nice. Lexa 300 magnets are no joke.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220729-120835_Gallery_copy_576x1184.jpg
Screenshot_20220729-120835_Gallery_copy_576x1184.jpg (64.94 KiB) Viewed 2656 times

Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by Aaronb » Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:01 pm

MountainMan 83 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:56 pm
Picked this up a few years ago. Just got around to messing with it. Came with 6.8 gears and ZPI bearings. Added tapped driveshaft with clicker kit, new style drag star, Ize factory handle, and Avail knobs.
Image

Image
What driveshaft did you use? I ordered the driveshaft and clicking parts from a millionaire ct sv. The driveshaft isn’t long enough to fit a drag star with a clicker on it. Thanks. The reel looks awesome.

Post Reply