Lets see all them Daiwa's

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by DirtyD64 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:23 am

Aaronb wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:01 pm
MountainMan 83 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 5:56 pm
Picked this up a few years ago. Just got around to messing with it. Came with 6.8 gears and ZPI bearings. Added tapped driveshaft with clicker kit, new style drag star, Ize factory handle, and Avail knobs.
Image

Image
What driveshaft did you use? I ordered the driveshaft and clicking parts from a millionaire ct sv. The driveshaft isn’t long enough to fit a drag star with a clicker on it. Thanks. The reel looks awesome.
What all clicking parts does the stock CTSV Millionaire have? Or are you using aftermarket?

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2233
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:06 pm

Smooooooth

Image

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by KP Duty » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:32 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:06 pm
Smooooooth

Image
That is the shizzle supreme. I'm overly O/C about avoiding scratches on my reels. Fishing that thing would stress me out.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by goldrod » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:23 pm

SV103 with boost spool and zillion handle

I likes it.. i likes it alots
Attachments
IMG_9106.jpg
IMG_9106.jpg (75 KiB) Viewed 22829 times
IMG_9107.jpg
IMG_9107.jpg (75.98 KiB) Viewed 22829 times
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

User avatar
LowRange
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 4777
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:18 am

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by LowRange » Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:18 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:23 pm
SV103 with boost spool and zillion handle

I likes it.. i likes it alots
If you like those long knob Zillion HD handles then check out the Gomexus handles with the TPE knobs. I have both and the Gomexus is nicer. They have the same length to the knobs with a slightly fatter end on the Gomexus and they are much more tacky and have better wet performance.
http://www.tackletour.com/reviewgomexuspowerhandle.html

toddmc
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2082
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by toddmc » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:11 pm

goldrod wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:23 pm
SV103 with boost spool and zillion handle

I likes it.. i likes it alots
How does that spool perform in that platform? I was considering putting that spool in one of mine.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by goldrod » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:11 pm

toddmc wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:11 pm
goldrod wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:23 pm
SV103 with boost spool and zillion handle

I likes it.. i likes it alots
How does that spool perform in that platform? I was considering putting that spool in one of mine.
It’s a solid performer IMHO. You can do anything with it ( like a lot of other spools if we are honest) but this one shines in a couple distinct things.
Bomb cast without effort will get you ver good distance and I’m just getting into this reverse lure action and you can pitch it out with tremendous accuracy once you get used to the 1/2 punch of this gem

Obviously on a longer cast it’s more pronounced but on midrange pin point pitches you can see the part 2 payout as well. I like it and i think it makes the top gun rod a great purchase for me cause I’m playing the rods strengths
And that’s it’s versatility
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 7154
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by Hogsticker2 » Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:41 pm

goldrod wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:11 pm
toddmc wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:11 pm
goldrod wrote:
Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:23 pm
SV103 with boost spool and zillion handle

I likes it.. i likes it alots
How does that spool perform in that platform? I was considering putting that spool in one of mine.
It’s a solid performer IMHO. You can do anything with it ( like a lot of other spools if we are honest) but this one shines in a couple distinct things.
Bomb cast without effort will get you ver good distance and I’m just getting into this reverse lure action and you can pitch it out with tremendous accuracy once you get used to the 1/2 punch of this gem

Obviously on a longer cast it’s more pronounced but on midrange pin point pitches you can see the part 2 payout as well. I like it and i think it makes the top gun rod a great purchase for me cause I’m playing the rods strengths
And that’s it’s versatility
Seems like it would be a good option for this reels brakes. Less restrictive, opening the reel up for better versatility.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 6769
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by hoohoorjoo » Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:35 am

My Gekkabijin with a few changes. I added a Steez CT cc cap, SV103 drag star and a 90mm handle with new style, larger knobs. It also has a Ray's deep spool that only weighs. 2 grams more than the stock spool. It's one of two dedicated power finesse reels now. It is spooled with 20# braid and sits on my Abu Fantasista Regista 610MLXF rod.
Image
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

User avatar
Hogsticker2
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 7154
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by Hogsticker2 » Mon Sep 05, 2022 2:06 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:35 am
My Gekkabijin with a few changes. I added a Steez CT cc cap, SV103 drag star and a 90mm handle with new style, larger knobs. It also has a Ray's deep spool that only weighs. 2 grams more than the stock spool. It's one of two dedicated power finesse reels now. It is spooled with 20# braid and sits on my Abu Fantasista Regista 610MLXF rod.
Image
Looks good. I need to grab a pair of those larger knobs.

adam lancia
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1464
Joined: Sat May 10, 2014 12:24 pm
Location: Donkin, Nova Scotia

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by adam lancia » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:04 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:35 am
My Gekkabijin with a few changes. I added a Steez CT cc cap, SV103 drag star and a 90mm handle with new style, larger knobs. It also has a Ray's deep spool that only weighs. 2 grams more than the stock spool. It's one of two dedicated power finesse reels now. It is spooled with 20# braid and sits on my Abu Fantasista Regista 610MLXF rod.
Image
Is that the Ray's spool that you can get with either a fixed/adjustable inductor or an SV-style inductor?

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by goldrod » Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:50 am

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:35 am
My Gekkabijin with a few changes. I added a Steez CT cc cap, SV103 drag star and a 90mm handle with new style, larger knobs. It also has a Ray's deep spool that only weighs. 2 grams more than the stock spool. It's one of two dedicated power finesse reels now. It is spooled with 20# braid and sits on my Abu Fantasista Regista 610MLXF rod.
Image
She’s gorgeous brother
I have questions about that blade in the background. It’s really nice too
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

trevor60
Angler
Angler
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:48 am

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by trevor60 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 12:00 pm

hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:35 am
My Gekkabijin with a few changes. I added a Steez CT cc cap, SV103 drag star and a 90mm handle with new style, larger knobs. It also has a Ray's deep spool that only weighs. 2 grams more than the stock spool. It's one of two dedicated power finesse reels now. It is spooled with 20# braid and sits on my Abu Fantasista Regista 610MLXF rod.
Image

Cheers the reel with the Ray's spool is a nice combo. I have the same... You will enjoy how smooth and well managed the reel performs. I use mine for Jerbait fishing with a Rapala Concept Ti M/F rod, largest bait 127 slender pointer. primarily 110 size baits.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 6769
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:24 pm

goldrod wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:50 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:35 am
My Gekkabijin with a few changes. I added a Steez CT cc cap, SV103 drag star and a 90mm handle with new style, larger knobs. It also has a Ray's deep spool that only weighs. 2 grams more than the stock spool. It's one of two dedicated power finesse reels now. It is spooled with 20# braid and sits on my Abu Fantasista Regista 610MLXF rod.
Image
She’s gorgeous brother
I have questions about that blade in the background. It’s really nice too
It's just a Kershaw with tanto blade, one of my edc knives.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 6769
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: Lets see all them Daiwa's

Post by hoohoorjoo » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:25 pm

adam lancia wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:04 am
hoohoorjoo wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:35 am
My Gekkabijin with a few changes. I added a Steez CT cc cap, SV103 drag star and a 90mm handle with new style, larger knobs. It also has a Ray's deep spool that only weighs. 2 grams more than the stock spool. It's one of two dedicated power finesse reels now. It is spooled with 20# braid and sits on my Abu Fantasista Regista 610MLXF rod.
Image
Is that the Ray's spool that you can get with either a fixed/adjustable inductor or an SV-style inductor?
Yes, mine is the SV style.
Try not to let your mind wander. It is much too small to be outside unsupervised.

Post Reply