My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
hoohoorjoo
TT Moderator
TT Moderator
Posts: 6764
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:56 pm
Location: Oxford GA

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by hoohoorjoo » Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:59 pm

MondayMonkey wrote:I'm going to need a tissue....
Yep, maybe even a box full.... :shock: Best 2 combos I have seen so far. =P~ =P~ =P~

User avatar
BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1213
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:00 pm
Location: Townsville , Queensland , Australia

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:49 pm

Stunning. I love the Dragon art work.

User avatar
Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1980
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:49 am
Location: Townsville, QLD. Australia
Contact:

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by Mcyl » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:55 pm

This most probably be my last bait finesse setup, but...there'll never be another like it.
Image
Image
The reel is about as exclusive as a reel can be... :-#

aussiebasser
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1002
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:35 pm
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by aussiebasser » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Mcyl wrote:This most probably be my last bait finesse setup, but...there'll never be another like it.
Image
Image
The reel is about as exclusive as a reel can be... :-#
Not even in the same zip code as the original outfit and pollutes the post. Sorry, someone had to say it.

User avatar
BARRAMANIAC
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1213
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:00 pm
Location: Townsville , Queensland , Australia

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by BARRAMANIAC » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:52 pm

aussiebasser wrote:
Mcyl wrote:This most probably be my last bait finesse setup, but...there'll never be another like it.
Image
Image
The reel is about as exclusive as a reel can be... :-#
Not even in the same zip code as the original outfit and pollutes the post. Sorry, someone had to say it.
=D> =D> =D> =D>

Aaronb
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:36 pm

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by Aaronb » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:25 am

aussiebasser wrote:
Mcyl wrote:This most probably be my last bait finesse setup, but...there'll never be another like it.
Image
Image
The reel is about as exclusive as a reel can be... :-#
Not even in the same zip code as the original outfit and pollutes the post. Sorry, someone had to say it.
No one had to say that. You're not nice.

To the OP nice combo. I'm really wanting an is73 with honeycomb spool.

User avatar
Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1980
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:49 am
Location: Townsville, QLD. Australia
Contact:

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by Mcyl » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Actually it's a little bit above if it's judged as property :-)
More than meets the eye to it...the way I intended for both rod and reel.
More on both later. But you're right, it needs it's own write-up

User avatar
kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by kakaryan » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:28 pm

Thanks aussiebasser, and all the other kind words. ;)

I have loaded some 8lb mono on the spool. Once I have blooded this combo, I 'll do a little review (especially for the very thin solid tip :shock: ).

Impression so far, this rod could cast very light weight if I use my IS finesse spool instead of the Honeycomb, which is even shallower and lighter weight.

User avatar
igl00jx
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2063
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:53 pm
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by igl00jx » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:43 pm

kakaryan wrote:Thanks aussiebasser, and all the other kind words. ;)

I have loaded some 8lb mono on the spool. Once I have blooded this combo, I 'll do a little review (especially for the very thin solid tip :shock: ).

Impression so far, this rod could cast very light weight if I use my IS finesse spool instead of the Honeycomb, which is even shallower and lighter weight.
How many YD/m of the above mono were you able to fit on the spool?

By the way, nice combo as well =D>

User avatar
kakaryan
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by kakaryan » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:40 pm

I have 100m of 8lb mono on the Honeycomb spool. I guess it could hold 10-20m more if you dont mind overloading it a bit.

I think it is just as deep as my SV 105, or slightly shallower. A versatile finesse spool.

User avatar
Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1980
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:49 am
Location: Townsville, QLD. Australia
Contact:

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by Mcyl » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:59 am

kakaryan wrote:I have 100m of 8lb mono on the Honeycomb spool. I guess it could hold 10-20m more if you dont mind overloading it a bit.

I think it is just as deep as my SV 105, or slightly shallower. A versatile finesse spool.
With 8#/100m can the honeycomb be seen through the line?

bradkoll
Newbie Angler
Newbie Angler
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:01 pm

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by bradkoll » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:24 pm

Looks like perfection...

jigapig
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by jigapig » Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:28 pm

Man I thought I had some good stuff :roll: That is so sick dude.

User avatar
Mcyl
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1980
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:49 am
Location: Townsville, QLD. Australia
Contact:

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by Mcyl » Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:58 pm

Do you keep 2 bait finesse rigs, one for horizontal, the other for vertical jig type applications?

thaos95
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: My last baitfinesse combo, probably...

Post by thaos95 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:16 am

Wow awesome setup!

Post Reply