Where are the shimanos?

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2233
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:11 am

Gone Phishin wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:26 pm
Very nice! What are you using to hold your reel in place?
Scotch super 33+

User avatar
Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1932
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by Gone Phishin » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:42 am

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:11 am
Gone Phishin wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:26 pm
Very nice! What are you using to hold your reel in place?
Scotch super 33+
Sweet thank you. Is that the new IMX?

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2233
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:07 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:42 am
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:11 am
Gone Phishin wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:26 pm
Very nice! What are you using to hold your reel in place?
Scotch super 33+
Sweet thank you. Is that the new IMX?
Yes, its a 331xf
Love it, I just ordered a 330xf yesterday :big grin:

User avatar
Gone Phishin
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 1932
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:08 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by Gone Phishin » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:14 pm

BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:07 pm
Gone Phishin wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:42 am
BRONZEBACK32 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:11 am
Gone Phishin wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:26 pm
Very nice! What are you using to hold your reel in place?
Scotch super 33+
Sweet thank you. Is that the new IMX?
Yes, its a 331xf
Love it, I just ordered a 330xf yesterday :big grin:
So the juice is worth the squeeze, eh?

SteveSchmelzle
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 853
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:29 am

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by SteveSchmelzle » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:18 pm

triple_illusion wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:05 am
Shimano Curado 200DPV 5.0:1
Upgraded with Hawgtech 102mm carbon handle, Carbontex drag washers and drive shaft bearing from Core 50mg7:
Image
best Curado ever produced.
1-2%

User avatar
BRONZEBACK32
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 2233
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Utah

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by BRONZEBACK32 » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:16 pm

Gone Phishin wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:14 pm
So the juice is worth the squeeze, eh?
Love um, I do want some IMX glass models and longer models in a 1 power.
One thing I would change is adding yellow to the tip of the rod.

A IMX 441 XF would be awesome.

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:09 am

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by eklikewhoa » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:55 pm

Lil CQ50
Attachments
PSX_20210402_005501.jpg
PSX_20210402_005501.jpg (80.38 KiB) Viewed 7155 times

radu_andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by radu_andrei » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:36 pm

eklikewhoa wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:55 pm
Lil CQ50
Is that a Major Craft Finetail ?

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:09 am

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by eklikewhoa » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:10 am

radu_andrei wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:36 pm
eklikewhoa wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:55 pm
Lil CQ50
Is that a Major Craft Finetail ?
Yes it is

radu_andrei
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:09 am

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by radu_andrei » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:21 pm

eklikewhoa wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:10 am
radu_andrei wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:36 pm
eklikewhoa wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:55 pm
Lil CQ50
Is that a Major Craft Finetail ?
Yes it is
I love that rod for stream fishing.
I use it with a Calcutta Conquest BFS.

eklikewhoa
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:09 am

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by eklikewhoa » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:38 pm

radu_andrei wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:21 pm
eklikewhoa wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:10 am
radu_andrei wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:36 pm
eklikewhoa wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:55 pm
Lil CQ50
Is that a Major Craft Finetail ?
Yes it is
I love that rod for stream fishing.
I use it with a Calcutta Conquest BFS.
For me its just convenient, there's a some flaws I feel should not be there

ss30378
Platinum Angler
Platinum Angler
Posts: 1079
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:42 pm
Location: Huntsville, AL

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by ss30378 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:11 pm

conquest3.jpg
conquest3.jpg (121.76 KiB) Viewed 6832 times
conquest2.jpg
conquest2.jpg (116.91 KiB) Viewed 6832 times
conquest1.jpg
conquest1.jpg (132.2 KiB) Viewed 6832 times

lifeofRiley
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:38 am

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by lifeofRiley » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:15 am

With current names like fordvan and aldeblabaran, I hope shimano someday gets back to its rich histroy of names that actually sound and look good.

goldrod
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 6197
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:30 pm

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by goldrod » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:00 am

ss30378 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:11 pm
conquest3.jpg
conquest2.jpg
conquest1.jpg
Looking Great!
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible

User avatar
rp346
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 337
Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:40 am

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by rp346 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:51 am

ImageImage

Post Reply