Where are the shimanos?

Show off your latest and greatest catch, purchase, or acquisition with fellow TT Forum members.
dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 10505
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Murfreesboro TN

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by dragon1 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:39 pm

lzeil wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:01 pm
Image
Damn HAWT!
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

KP Duty
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 658
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 5:52 pm

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by KP Duty » Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:09 am

dragon1 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:39 pm
lzeil wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:01 pm
Image
Damn HAWT!
I've GOT to pick up a couple of those gen 1 Ultimas before they are gone for good. Classiest/best looking rod line ever made IMO.

dragon1
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 10505
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:23 am
Location: Murfreesboro TN

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by dragon1 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:02 pm

KP Duty wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:09 am
dragon1 wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:39 pm
lzeil wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:01 pm
Image
Damn HAWT!
I've GOT to pick up a couple of those gen 1 Ultimas before they are gone for good. Classiest/best looking rod line ever made IMO.
I have a NIB modded and tuned Scorpion 1000XT with 7.7 Brenious gears inbound, I'm thinking a proper P.U. would be so sweet with that reel.
"It is like a finger pointing away to the Moon...don't concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all of that heavenly glory."

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:10 am

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by Preston » Fri May 19, 2023 11:23 am

Blue on a Scorpion. I don't like it. The blue knobs don't quite match the other blue and these feel terrible on my fingers. They just don't look or feel right. Time to pull the blue off and go back to red.
Attachments
image0.jpeg
image0.jpeg (54.46 KiB) Viewed 5614 times
image1.jpeg
image1.jpeg (56.24 KiB) Viewed 5614 times

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:10 am

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by Preston » Fri May 19, 2023 11:30 am

Now this Scorpion I'm a fan of. Stole some Curado green parts and handle is from a Caius I believe.
Attachments
image0(1).jpeg
image0(1).jpeg (45.1 KiB) Viewed 5614 times
image1(1).jpeg
image1(1).jpeg (39.88 KiB) Viewed 5614 times

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by DirtyD64 » Mon May 22, 2023 3:18 am

Preston wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:30 am
Now this Scorpion I'm a fan of. Stole some Curado green parts and handle is from a Caius I believe.
Reminds me of a Christmas themed reel.

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:10 am

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by Preston » Wed May 24, 2023 11:50 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 3:18 am
Preston wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:30 am
Now this Scorpion I'm a fan of. Stole some Curado green parts and handle is from a Caius I believe.
Reminds me of a Christmas themed reel.
You ruined it! I had to go tweak colors again. Kidding. I ran it that way last year and liked it, but we are never satisfied. Snagged these knobs recently. They are so gorgeous in person. They colors shift a bit as the light hits. I've had this ZPI handle for a while because I love the lines and shape of it. Tossed it on there with the knobs to see, and I went, that's it! The gold on the knobs is so appealing to my eyes with the subtle gold on the tension knob and handle nut. Though the knob color isn't a perfect match, the finish of the knobs matches the scorpion finish very well IMO with the same kind of sheen.

Is SLP on a Shimano a sin? I don't care. \:D/
Attachments
image0(2).jpeg
image0(2).jpeg (61.05 KiB) Viewed 5404 times
image1(2).jpeg
image1(2).jpeg (63.41 KiB) Viewed 5404 times

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by DirtyD64 » Thu May 25, 2023 3:48 am

Preston wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 11:50 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 3:18 am
Preston wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:30 am
Now this Scorpion I'm a fan of. Stole some Curado green parts and handle is from a Caius I believe.
Reminds me of a Christmas themed reel.
You ruined it! I had to go tweak colors again. Kidding. I ran it that way last year and liked it, but we are never satisfied. Snagged these knobs recently. They are so gorgeous in person. They colors shift a bit as the light hits. I've had this ZPI handle for a while because I love the lines and shape of it. Tossed it on there with the knobs to see, and I went, that's it! The gold on the knobs is so appealing to my eyes with the subtle gold on the tension knob and handle nut. Though the knob color isn't a perfect match, the finish of the knobs matches the scorpion finish very well IMO with the same kind of sheen.

Is SLP on a Shimano a sin? I don't care. \:D/
Still looks good, I liked the red/green/gold though. I missed an opportunity to get a Curado 200K PG for a cranking setup a while back, really regret it. Yours held up okay? Only complaint I remember was the non offset thumb bar and some nose piece or something coming loose...

Preston
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:10 am

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by Preston » Fri May 26, 2023 9:00 am

DirtyD64 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 3:48 am
Preston wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 11:50 am
DirtyD64 wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 3:18 am
Preston wrote:
Fri May 19, 2023 11:30 am
Now this Scorpion I'm a fan of. Stole some Curado green parts and handle is from a Caius I believe.
Reminds me of a Christmas themed reel.
You ruined it! I had to go tweak colors again. Kidding. I ran it that way last year and liked it, but we are never satisfied. Snagged these knobs recently. They are so gorgeous in person. They colors shift a bit as the light hits. I've had this ZPI handle for a while because I love the lines and shape of it. Tossed it on there with the knobs to see, and I went, that's it! The gold on the knobs is so appealing to my eyes with the subtle gold on the tension knob and handle nut. Though the knob color isn't a perfect match, the finish of the knobs matches the scorpion finish very well IMO with the same kind of sheen.

Is SLP on a Shimano a sin? I don't care. \:D/
Still looks good, I liked the red/green/gold though. I missed an opportunity to get a Curado 200K PG for a cranking setup a while back, really regret it. Yours held up okay? Only complaint I remember was the non offset thumb bar and some nose piece or something coming loose...
Never had a 200K. The Scorpion 150 MGL has held up just fine. I fish mostly swimjigs over submerged vegetation with it, no issues. Some of my other Shimanos have become very buzzy. The Curado 70 MGL is smooth and works fine, but it's buzzy. All 3 of my SLX XT's have become buzzy and rough. Though those are my thrashing reels. They do get abused. Fortunately my higher end Shimanos are smooth and buzz free(Aldebaren, Conquest BFS, Scorpion)

User avatar
Tony9
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 351
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:38 am
Location: WA

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by Tony9 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:01 am

Took the new 23 Antares DC MD out for a spin.

Image

Schlag
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 8:51 am
Location: The other west coast - SW, MI

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by Schlag » Fri Jul 14, 2023 10:24 am

Congratulations on Shimano bring over the Poison Ultima rods!

Image

DirtyD64
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Posts: 3042
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:23 pm

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by DirtyD64 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 7:36 am

Image

Third Shimano I own, so far very pleased with it. If the Bantam A had a clicking drag, it would be almost perfect for me.

Hulkster
Elite Angler
Elite Angler
Posts: 776
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 8:09 am

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by Hulkster » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:46 am

:D
363357654_10159872108058401_7328868996655918389_n.jpg.e21f0714d53bc7dd10262136e9487888.jpg
363357654_10159872108058401_7328868996655918389_n.jpg.e21f0714d53bc7dd10262136e9487888.jpg (65.39 KiB) Viewed 4353 times

surge
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:14 pm
Location: Estonia

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by surge » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:21 am

Met1.jpeg
Met1.jpeg (120.51 KiB) Viewed 4074 times
Met2.jpeg
Met2.jpeg (92.16 KiB) Viewed 4074 times

surge
Senior Angler
Senior Angler
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:14 pm
Location: Estonia

Re: Where are the shimanos?

Post by surge » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:30 am

Antares 12 with Deps Knuckle Arm.
IMG_8844.jpeg
IMG_8844.jpeg (100.52 KiB) Viewed 3975 times

Post Reply